• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another Woolworths GROUP ASSESSMENT thread - Please Read! (If you've done one!) (1 Viewer)

Ella_B

HSC
**EDIT** I've edited to remove all the mess, questions answered below!
READ MY RESPONSES (in the next few posts) BELOW if you're going for an interview soon and confused!!

a) How many other potential employees should I expect to be there? (I know this varies, but personal experiences are great to hear about)

b) I am very shy (and obviously try to hide it in circumstances like this), does each team person speak during the team work sessions (scenarios etc.)? - I don't have a problem with this, I just like to be prepared to know what I'm in for. The fewer surprises the better lol. Edit: When I say speak, I dont mean to my small group, I mean does each person in your small group speak to the whole room of people? Thanks :)

c) I don't usually tie my hair back/wear it up, should I do it for the group assessment (as that's how I assume it would be worn during a position at Woolworths)?

Last edited:

Ella_B

HSC
Well although I have had no replies to this thread, I ended up doing my group assessment and thought I'd let everyone know how it went.

I'm doing this so others who may happen to look at this thread (in hopes of finding answers to their Group Assessment questions) can find out a little bit about what goes on! There are a few common questions I have seen, so I'll address them first.

What to Wear
All but one person was wearing a collared button up shirt (both females and males) and dress pants (mostly black). This is what I wore also, it is most appropriate.

Company Overview
You just look at a book and she goes through it, takes around 5 minutes unless people ask questions, its really basic stuff.

Activity 1
There are three different coloured pieces of paper, and between you and the person next to you (you may not get to choose who, my group didn't) you have to go through the questions listed on your coloured piece of paper (different colours have different questions)

Example of questions that may be asked (and what was on mine):
What is your name?
Have you ever had a job before?
Why do you want to work for Woolworths?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Who is someone famous that you would like to meet or have met? (this was on a different coloured piece of paper)

And then you introduce them to the group.

Activity 2
You work in groups of 3 - 5.
You will get a list of tasks, and you have to pretend that you were the Woolworths employee in that situation, and how you would handle getting through the tasks.
There are no "Right" or "Wrong" answers, it's just looking at ways to problem solve, and how you value OH&S, Customer Service, and Safety First.

My scenario - Deli:
10 minute order of meat for customer
Customer wanting to talk about Catering order
Order of stock just arrived, needs to be refrigerated ASAP; and
Chicken fat spilling on the floor.

The chicken fat comes first because its a safety hazard, and wont take long to clean up.
We decided on the 10 minute order next (because they need the meat now, as opposed to the customer who wants a catering order, who obviously doesnt need it asap)
Then decided to explain to the customer wanting a catering order that they need to be refrigerated, and do the stock
Then the catering order last.

I'm not so sure I would agree with it, I'd probably call someone who doesnt work in Deli to maybe deal with it? Or a manager? But my group werent keen on that idea, and thats why we came up with that one as a group lol :)

They will then get you guys to read it out to the group. You have to read out the scenario, and read out your answers.
Generally 2 people will do this, so you should volunteer to be one (even if youre going in really nervous, I was and I did it).

Numeracy/Literacy Test
You look at a barcode and have to match it with one of the multiple choice answers.
You look at a stock list, and have to decide whether EACH item was delivered as written on the stock list.

You have FIVE minutes only. You wont get through the whole thing, but its about being Quick and Efficient.

And then that's it! You're all done!

I really hope this helps someone, so good luck anyone who does go in for one in the future!
:jedi:

Ella_B

HSC
a) How many other potential employees should I expect to be there? (I know this varies, but personal experiences are great to hear about)

b) I am very shy (and obviously try to hide it in circumstances like this), does each team person speak during the team work sessions (scenarios etc.)? - I don't have a problem with this, I just like to be prepared to know what I'm in for. The fewer surprises the better lol. Edit: When I say speak, I dont mean to my small group, I mean does each person in your small group speak to the whole room of people? Thanks :)

c) I don't usually tie my hair back/wear it up, should I do it for the group assessment (as that's how I assume it would be worn during a position at Woolworths)?
Sorry for excess posts, but I'm replying to answer my own questions (it's easier when you have colour and B/I/U)

a) Anywhere as low as 5 up to around 20. I had 11 (expecting 12).

b) Yes and No, depending on how your group works.
You speak to your team determining answers. And either each person in your group will present to the group, or sometimes only 2. We had both in my interview, and I recommend nominating yourself to speak (even if your shy and nervous!)!

c) There were both at the group assessment. I think as long as it's neat and tidy, it's acceptable. If your hair actually LOOKS GOOD up (unlike mine lol) then I recommend putting it up.

Tip: Make sure its out of your face, and mess-free.

melli-girl

HSC
You're a lifesaver! Thank you so much :)I have a group interiew for woolworths on Wednesday, and I feel a lot better reading this - I am also a shy person.Thanks again!!

twelvemonths

HSC
You wont get through the whole thing, but its about being Quick and Efficient.

I really hope this helps someone, so good luck anyone who does go in for one in the future!
:jedi:
I got through the whole thing :) lol I think I was the only one though...

lacho95

HSC
I got through the whole thing :) lol I think I was the only one though...
Lol, when i had my group in. 4 months ago we had a group of 10 or so and me and my friend were the only ones to get thorugh!!!
I was happy but i knew i only got thorugh cause im hot... jokes.. but still, some of the others there looked pretty well groomed and i guy was wearing a suit lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)