Answer my question, I dare you... (1 Viewer)

StewieGriffin

HSC
i've been told not to bother buying text books, that for some courses you don't need them and for the one you do to just go and use the ones in the library. True or False??? Im doing Civil Engineering, 1st year obviously.
:mad1:

lou071

HSC
N/A
i've been told not to bother buying text books, that for some courses you don't need them and for the one you do to just go and use the ones in the library. True or False??? Im doing Civil Engineering, 1st year obviously.
you can check whether there is a text book for the your subjects for semester 1 on co-op website. and the recommended books are all available at library so you don't have to buy recommended books. if you can borrow text books from library, then use library. (they are expensive)

HSC
N/A
if your doing civil engo, dont buy any first year books.

trust me.

ive bought 3 text books for:
statics
maths 2
mech solids
fluid mechanics

never used them ever. they just sit in my room

Last edited:

Laika_

Banned
HSC
if your doing civil engo, dont buy any first year books.

trust me.

ive bought 3 text books for:
statics
maths 2
mech solids
fluid mechanics

never used them ever. they just sit in my room
haha ur a cunt

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
You are going to need to buy the "Penguins Civil Engineering Dictionary" for Introduction to Civil Engineering to answer the last question for the final exam.

MoNNiE

HSC
I ended buying the majority of the textbooks.

Some are actually useful when you start working, but it depends on the stream of work you plan to do.

Best advice is probably to borrow the books from the library!
if you are the type that likes to buy texts.. the two books i recommend you to definately not buy are:

--> Entract book for Eng Enterprise.. its the biggest waste of money! you could usually get away with only buying the red notes.

Fundamentals of Engineering Design - for Engineering Design (that is if they are still saying its a great book to buy and keep as reference.. i didn't touch it once!)

kennalj

HSC
dont tell anyone, but some textbooks you can download off the internet (hush hush) but no, textbooks are not NECESSARY but you do use it alot for referral, you dont need it immediately prior to starting but if you start getting lost needing to look at the lectures over and over or want to get a deeper and more complex understanding, an edge over the other students you should buy them, you wont only use the textbooks subject by subject most of the time you'll refer back to them in the later years of your course and even after you start work as an engineer, its best to have your own personal library when you get to that stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)