Answering Q's In Exam (1 Viewer)

CraZiEeE

Well, i admit after spending many hours..i learnt the whole Software Design course, and i can even recite parts of my notes (a bit sarcastic, but u get the point)

Anyways, after attempting the 2001/2002 HSC for SDD, i found out that i have problems on answering those questions.
Its not that I dont know the coursework, its just that your brain doesn't tick when they ask questions, i have trouble on how to answer it. I even mis-interpret the question many times, thinking they are asking something else :(

Anyone, have any suggestions for my problem?
thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That's the SOLE reason I hate this course.

Nothing is based on theory. Just applying a LITTLE bit of that theory into the scenario and trying to use common sense to figure the rest.

It's very annoying.

Winston

HSC
you read up on about 7 chapters in the text book and fill ur brain with all that crap and ur only gonna be tested in 20 multiple choice ques, then u got ur algorithms and most probably asking about method of implementation ques, but its gonna be more about algorithms, then ur option the course is a bit screwed.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I believe the word "algorithm" is one of the most annoying words i've ever heard in my life hahha

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by CraZiEeE
Well, i admit after spending many hours..i learnt the whole Software Design course, and i can even recite parts of my notes (a bit sarcastic, but u get the point)

Anyways, after attempting the 2001/2002 HSC for SDD, i found out that i have problems on answering those questions.
Its not that I dont know the coursework, its just that your brain doesn't tick when they ask questions, i have trouble on how to answer it. I even mis-interpret the question many times, thinking they are asking something else :(

Anyone, have any suggestions for my problem?
thanks
that is precisely my problem with software, and it explains why my assessment marks are so good whereas my trial mark was shit.

Glide

The assessments rocked, because Guess what... it was real life, not like half of the theory in the course..

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Down with algorithms!

Originally posted by Ragerunner
I believe the word "algorithm" is one of the most annoying words i've ever heard in my life hahha
*LoL* I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't even make much sense to have algorithms.. if someone can score 90+ in their assessments, they're obviously good programmers, so why make them write stupid little algorithms about "Bob's furniture factory" or "Sally's fish shop".
Irritation to the max! :chainsaw:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
umm yeah scenarios are a fact of life...

Algo's arnt too bad... software is common sense as ppl said above... which is cool but annoying at the same time

i like the way the test is set out... I really hate identifying errors in algorithims... that pisses me off

MrMiK

mmm. well errors aint too bad tho.cuz u get wot it should do, and the algorithm... usually its easier to work from this.
i dislike starting an algo from scratch.. in any case.

as for the questions... yeh theydo require common sense with the *influence* of the theory.. my prob is i just write what i think and not relate to specific key words and all that make it official.

so in those questions, just recall related headings and BS to the MAXXX.. that'll gain those pesky lil marks. or at least thats how i feel.

blazing9

I Have the Carole Wilson Book and I back everyone up in saying its shit. I still dont know which perspective is the users perspective, white or black, because in Carole Wilson's book, it says they both are. WHICH PERSPECTIVE IS THE USER'S PERSEPCTIVE?

MrMiK

The white box is what you can see in.
The black box you cant.
Think about seeing at night.. you cant.. (without aid of light)

When you can see in, you can trace the algorithm etc etc
When you cant, you can only use inputs and outputs..

hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)