Answering the question.. (1 Viewer)

CowgirlEmily

HSC
I ALWAYS get stuck on this type of question:

'What do the first two questions do to my understanding of journey?'
If anyone could shed some light on how I should best answer this, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

beentherdunthat

HSC
1) what two questions?

The journey enlightens us about ourselves, the world and others. We learn that it is the journey that matters and not the arrival. We overcome obstacles in order to be illuminated through travelling, and the obstacles add to the developement of our character.

-Our character developement involves learning about morals, conventions and the unscrupulous ways of society...

-what type of journeys you doing? physical/inner/imaginary?

CowgirlEmily

HSC
The two questions are:

-What is happening here? What is the text about?
-What techniques are used by the author/composer to influence our thinking/understanding/response.

I'm doing physical journey, and the Pursuit of Happyness is one of my related texts.

Evilo

HSC
They usually have a concept that is tied between the two, or closely related. The trick is to work out what concept of physical journey is in the 2 texts and state it (with examples). At the start of year 12 you might have had to write thesis statements for physical journeys, consider them and see if they are applicable. If not try and think of one to make up your own. Then use that statement and include examples of how this thesis statement has been shown in the texts.

(i think i could be missing something, havent done hsc in a while)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)