Answers to Accommodation/Colleges questions at UNSW (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Whoa thanks for all that info! You seem to know a lot!

I think ill go fo New anyway. Shalom is really nice bu its too expensive (and they are not good at sport lol!), and I dont drink so i guess New is the place for me.

I think ill apply soon, but i feel silly because i might not even end up at UNSW (its my first preference though!)

Thanks bacon.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol my friend lives at New College, the one facing Anzac parade near Macdonald's. The building looks pretty old...and rooms are ok, but mind you, the food poisoning has a high probability every day. :rofl:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yay I got accepted into New College!

I also have to pay $2000 deposit! And I havent even gotten into UNSW! And I dont even know if im deferring next year!

I know they refund it if you dont get into UNSW, but what if you defer? I know you can defer a college place if you defer studies, Im talking about the deposit, do you get that back if you defer?

bfmv

HSC
N/A
Ive applied for several colleges already. i just wanted to know how long does it usually take before you hear back from them?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
bfmv said:
Ive applied for several colleges already. i just wanted to know how long does it usually take before you hear back from them?
Good luck with that! I applied for New College last year but didn't get in (greatful too since I prefer my apartment...) For the very least, hope they do get back to you

bfmv

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that. Do they notify you even if a person is unsuccessful in getting a place?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
bfmv said:
Thanks for that. Do they notify you even if a person is unsuccessful in getting a place?
Nope... I had to call them up to ask whether I got in or not as I was overseas at the time... It's easier however to get a place mid-year than at the beginning of the year as people always come and go at colleges.

bfmv

HSC
N/A
So i got my interview for New College coming up. Anyone got any tips? What kind of questions do they ask?

Cheers

HSC
Come to Basser guys! Best college at New South. We aren't dry or hippy like New, gay like Warrane, soft and kosher like Shalom, small and studious like Goldstein, not pig headed pingers like Baxter, or gay like Creston either. Plus we have the best layout, courtyards, everyone is tight with each other....we have a great time!

jlinnn

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! I'm an international student who got a place for UNSW next yr and i applied for de kensington colleges.. are there interviews for international students? cos i only received an email stating that they will let me know the outcome in january.. but that's a little problematic for me if i don't get a place cos i have a million things to settle back home and i'll only be there one week before term starts!

and i would wanna apply to new college but the letters of recommendation part drives me nuts! cos i cant get my prinicipal to fill in that letter they have on their website cos i've alr graduated from high school for quite some time now, and i'm quite sure mr principal didnt really know who i was then HAHA. help anyone?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
If you're in Sydney now you could just call up and try to arrange an interview in order to explain why you think you belong in [specified college]

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
RideTheLightnin said:
Come to Basser guys! Best college at New South. We aren't dry or hippy like New, gay like Warrane, soft and kosher like Shalom, small and studious like Goldstein, not pig headed pingers like Baxter, or gay like Creston either. Plus we have the best layout, courtyards, everyone is tight with each other....we have a great time!
Not a bad description.

The New description, however, astounds me, after living there and all...

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
RideTheLightnin said:
oi i'm not pig headed like most of the others in baxter. There are some sane people who live there after all..

ChrisAli

HSC
that depends on your of opinion of sane people.

I'd like to say competitive not pig headed though.

Anyway they're all good in their own way, depends what you want out of it.

, Loose

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
omg loose. I can't believe you'd come back after all this time!

ChrisAli

HSC
I'm bored with nothing to do so jsut browsing the net.

I just wish it was Firday night already. F@#$ I wish my BDay was during college times.

When do we start again?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Sunday 1st March...though I might creep in really late february.

can't wait to be back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)