Answers to General Maths Exam (1 Viewer)

PC

HSC
N/A
Trampoline Man said:
I don't have the paper, but since her budget was $1000, the answer would be to identify the most she can borrow without spending over $1000, wouldn't it?
Exactly. What's the most she can borrow? Not what's the most she can afford to repay.

The highest amount she can afford to pay back is $970.62 when she borrows $80 000 over 10 years.
But she can also afford to borrow $130 000 over 30 years and make repayments of $953.89.

So ... what is the maximum amount that she can borrow?

This is just one of many questions that makes life difficult for students. Great questions for discussion in class one afternoon, but not very nice for people doing the exam - and I'm sure the markers won't enjoy having to mark such ambiguous questions.

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
i think i got around 84% i totally fucked up Q16 god damn two way tables i didnt revise them. pc what do you think will be a band 6 mark in this test. im thinking high 80's judging by the amount of people who said the got under 75% what do you think?

vj88

HSC
Hey for question 27 part d how did u work out the flying time?

berra

HSC
uhawww said:
Yes it's half an ellipse, but to work out the full area of an ellipse you only use a half legth, which a half length of an ellipse makes the depth of the tub.

The other ones that are wrong (that I know of) are:

"also incorrect... max is $80 000 over 10 years."

and

"i dont noe bout this one, but rnt we meant 2 make the denominators the same, which will give = 3a6^3/3bw X 4w^2/3bw = 12ab^3w^2 ??? because denominator cancels out since theyr the same..." (you were just asking here though)

He has both those correct.
when its $18 000 over 10 years then the monthly repayments are $970.62, but when its $130 000 over 30 years, monthly repayments are $953.89...

and since max liliana can pay/month is $1000, then i assumed that they wer asking highest monthly repayments (closest to $1000)... is this incorrect?

i think i get y u guys say the other is correct though...

damn man, so many lil mistakes

behemuf

HSC
woot woot seems from those answers i did heaps well.......depending on working out marking i should get between 96% and 98%...the only questions that let me down was the eclipse one ( i fell into the halving trap) and the flying one which i forgot to minus the 5 hour stopover in singapore....Other than that i think it was 100%.....Im ranked first so hopefully it is a great overall result :)

PC

HSC
N/A
felix the cat11 said:
pc what do you think will be a band 6 mark in this test. im thinking high 80's judging by the amount of people who said the got under 75% what do you think?
To be honest I have no idea. I'm fairly sure that Band 6 will be 90+ as usual, but there's all sorts of "mapping" that goes on. The markers will get together next week and sort out how they're going to mark each question. So I reckon that will have a lot to do with it too.

Bottom line is ... you've done your best, and now everything is out of your control. Nothing you can do, so don't stress. Finish off the rest of the exams and enjoy the summer!

HSC
PC said:
Exactly. What's the most she can borrow? Not what's the most she can afford to repay.

The highest amount she can afford to pay back is $970.62 when she borrows $80 000 over 10 years.
But she can also afford to borrow $130 000 over 30 years and make repayments of $953.89.

So ... what is the maximum amount that she can borrow?

This is just one of many questions that makes life difficult for students. Great questions for discussion in class one afternoon, but not very nice for people doing the exam - and I'm sure the markers won't enjoy having to mark such ambiguous questions.
Oh right, I get what you were saying. Pretty sure I got that one right in that case :)

berra

HSC
those ppl whove got the paper, wat did uz do 4 Q 26C ii and iii?
ii) im not sure, but i think i did 74+98/200 =43/50

iii)wat i did was (12+98)/200 = 11/20

??

DonnaLily

HSC
Datto120 said:
HOLY SHIT :mad1: I did worse then i thought! :burn: there goes a uai of 78 :bomb: looks like tafe for me next year!!!!!!!!!!
I think I shall be joining you there... :lol:

goosy8891

HSC
Hey Thanks A million PC but my school rorted me out of a uai, so sucks too be me

2suave

HSC
if these answers are right... i didnt fail miserably like i thought i might... i actually think my chances at a band 6 are still really high... woot woot... any questions i didnt get were only worth 1 mark anyway...
ahh suck crap to all those ppl who thought it was easy n then end up getting shitter marks than i will... thats what u get for making me feel like shit straight after the exam ... muahahaha

alex8888

HSC
man!!! i only got 63% in this exam, but i came first in assessments with 86%.....i have no idea about this scaling stuff, but someone plzzz make me feel better lol!!!

jonno_05

Jonno
HSC
is this a teacher that gave the answers?? coz if u r u hav definately gotta recheck ur answers...half of ur multiple choice r wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)