• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anthony Kiedis - Scar Tissue (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
just saw this in a shop window 2day, was almost enough 2 make me enter the book shop! :p (didn't have enuff money though)
has anyone read this?

wanton-wonton

HSC
I haven't read it, but I'm guessing the title of the song has some witty connotations to do with their 'journey' to where they are now....or probably just crabs they got from unprotected sex...how the tissues are scarred...but yeah, that's a long shot.

wanton-wonton

HSC
BreaKing said:
just saw this in a shop window 2day, was almost enough 2 make me enter the book shop! :p (didn't have enuff money though)
has anyone read this?
I read Marilyn Manson's autiobiogrpahy. It was honestly an excellent book, in all senses of the word. You might want to read that.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I haven't read it, but my friend is in the process of reading it, and she LOVES it, and talks about it a lot.
Although I don't know if she loves it because she likes the book because of the story and how it's written or if it's because she a really big fan of the Chili Peppers and just likes it by association.

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
OMG, I have read that book at least 100000000000 times its amazing. A must if ur a RHCP fan or not. But, yeah regarding scar tissues its a metaphor for all the drugs and pain of what rock n roll and hollywood can do to you.

Yeah its basically just kiedis giving an autobio about being raised up with his drug dealing dad, Blackie who introduced him to the exotic lifestyle of sex,drugs and rock n roll from a young age to the rollercoaster ride of being in the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and how the band was able to journey their way through and also Kiedis taking about drugs and relapsing and yeah theres heaps like Hillel passing away, him and Frusciante hissy fits to Navarro coming in and out n why he just wasnt meant to be a Chili pepper.

Chris.

HSC
ive read the book. I think its pretty good. The funniest parts are when he is telling the story of how him and Flea did really funny shit together like how they broke into peoples houses to use their oven to cook their drugs ahahahah. The start is a bit boring..all about where he lives. The thing i didnt like is that he keeps talking about how he kept going back to drugs so descriptively (yes i know its an autobiography).

If you read it, you will read lots of sex scenes he had, the earliest at age 11 or sumthing..wtf?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
it is ORSUM.

if you love the peppers + anthony kiedis or are just interested/fascinated in the band and their life history, particularly anthony's. you should 110% PURCHASE IT.

i got it like a week after it came out = SUPERFANTASTIC. it's like a biography, but much more descriptive and interesting. i would have to say it's written quite well. usually, with biographies - they bore me to bits so yeah it's TOPS!

it can't be THAT expensive now can it? i think i got it for like 30 or something before? i'm assuming it would be around 20's now?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
totally true. books are the bomb. gst = most stupidest thing they could have introduced.

however, with some books (depending on the publisher) can be really cheap. like last month i bought War & Peace for 6 bucks? brand new at Dymocks + all !

BUT where's wally - 20 bucks. HELLO!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)