Anti-Religion rally (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Sounds like a good idea if 10,000 people or so showed up in the city to protest against the damage religion has done to the world and its people.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Sounds like a good idea if 10,000 people or so showed up in the city to protest against the damage religion has done to the world and its people.
not a bad idea

im in.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
wont work, wont do anything. isn't the fact that there are 70,000 Jedi in Australia enough?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Considering that most people are strictly speaking religious, secularism can only succeed if those people are gradually seduced into apathy. A rally isn't a great way to achieve that.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
the only way for atheism to succeed is to destroy a person completely from the inside. come on, a natural disaster wiping out entire families except one can't convince that person that no god exists cause they will rationalise that god protected them regardless of whether their other family members were religous or not. i even doubt torture could make them renounce their religions. if someone truly believes something, i believe it is incredibly difficult to make them renounce. take the Book Of Job for example. Christians cite that God tests Job his entire life and rewards him in the afterlife. they will continue you believe because they rationalise that bad things happen to test their faith. i say don't bother with them. they are hardwired to believe as i am hardwired not to believe.

L

littlewing69

While you're marching through the city, be sure to notice the hospitals, schools, and beautiful religious buildings. And notice the Salvos collecting for charity, and the Vinnies, etc.

Religion has done much evil, but it has also done much good. How about we protest theocrats and fundamentalists? I'm all for that, but let's not get stuck into all the peaceful, gentle and generally well-intentioned religious people out there, mmkay?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
they are in just about all aspects better people then me. it's not the bible that deters me the most from religion, it's the fact they i can never be as into religion as they can and the fact that i believe that i can never be a good religious role model. so instead of tarnishing the name of a religious order by representing them, i abandoned religion.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
transcendent said:
they are in just about all aspects better people then me. it's not the bible that deters me the most from religion, it's the fact they i can never be as into religion as they can and the fact that i believe that i can never be a good religious role model. so instead of tarnishing the name of a religious order by representing them, i abandoned religion.
you dont have to be that much into the religion.. i mean most of the ppl do go to church and stuff. some of them go there coz they want to, while others come to "make tick".
some ppl dont go to church but they still believe in God they pray nd stuff.. i dno :\

transcendent

HSC
N/A
everything to me is meaningless, once i have nothing to lose, i'm going to become a danger to people. do you really want someone like me to represent your religion? plus i cringe at what most religions leaders have to preach =\

L

littlewing69

transcendent said:
The Bible certainly isn't all there is to religion. Try the Tao Te Ching or any of the Buddhist texts for an entirely different take on the Universe. And if you're not religious, deal with it. There's nothing bad about atheism--it can be a wonderful worldview.

Some_Guy

HSC
ihavenothing said:
Your as bad as them.

Justin

HSC
hey everyone. This thread just inspired me to write a song on this topic. Here goes', just off the top of my head:

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
I amaze my self some times with my skills to compose things straight off the top of my head. :uhhuh:

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Justin said:
hey everyone. This thread just inspired me to write a song on this topic. Here goes', just off the top of my head:

I amaze my self some times with my skills to compose things straight off the top of my head. :uhhuh:
yer like totaly dude bahaha

aren't you a genius? it was my HSC set text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)