anti's Guide to Writing Creatively (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Martini said:
Hey! ok, i took that inanate object idea and combined it with some example i found for a creative writing task... and this is what i came up with. any criticism (good or bad) would be appreciated.. or just tell me what you think.. i only got 6/15 for the trial, but i've put a little more thought into this... so here it goes:

Use ONE of the following as the basis for an engaging written response:

The journey’s difficulty served to make it more worthwhile.
OR
If you close your eyes you can go anywhere.
OR
Your imagination will take you further than your car ever will.

You may write in any form except poetry.

It all began with one swift action. We had been called into battle. Our boat was prepared and I, along with maybe thirty others, endeavoured into this foreign territory. As we approached the cave, such beautiful light shimmered off the bloodshed walls. It was hard to comprehend the pain we were edging on enduring and the images that would remain in our minds forever. We were in. One moment light, the next pitch black. Yet frantic moments of sunshine allowed for glances of my new terrain - pearly white rocks and bubbly foamed waves.
Snap! The boat broke and we had been separated! Every being for themselves as the team went into panic mode and attacked in whatever way possible. We fought not only against the opponent, but the environment too. Wave after wave rammed us beside the jagged rocks, and that alone was the death of some, crushed to smithereens. Crackling sounds thundered in my head and the rupture of the cave gave way with the tsunami, carrying me to my next chamber. In that mysterious descent, I found myself in an overpowering torture room, sizzling hot acid all around with no escape. The acidic concoction rose higher and higher, until my little white puffed rice body could not endure any longer. My crusty skin popped and blistered until I had disintegrated. I met my death, and my ultimate destiny.
My quite life in a box with eight thousand other rice bubbles was satisfying, but the voyage and challenging test to the end was valuable. Not only did I provide essential nutrients such as thiamin, riboflavin and niacin, I fought till the death and discovered who I really am.

ok, so for anyone that didnt understand me (or if i didnt write it properly) it was meant to be the adventure of a rice bubble into the mouth of someone and down to their stomach where the acid kills him. oh and i was using the first statement about journeys.

That was nice:) I do have a query.. how can something has died be writing about its life? ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you're writing a feature article or a story a title is one of the techniques, so you may be interested in including it. (does that answer your question?) - no marking down or anything tho.

To contrast is to compare two texts on their similarities and differences. Juxtaposition is a technique used by composers to compare two (or more things); by putting them side by side we may be made aware of their absurdity or eerie similarity etc. You will be comparing and contrasting, not juxtaposing, texts. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
anti said:
Unrealistic? Give me some examples?
I mean like, you were a columbian drug dealer by day, and a super hero by night. The super hero could go back in time and bring back dinosaurs which were his pet. This one time, he went back in time and played video games with a wizard. The wizard then came back and cast a spell which made everyones kidneys jump out of their bodies, and grow legs and hands. He then used the kidneys to take over the world.

Infact, your idea about the foods 'inner' journey :)

Just stuff which become wierd more then fantasy.

Also, what about jargon?

And thanks for the rest.

DaRanjed

If I'm writing a creative story which of these should I do:

1) Write about how a person is thinking...and how he/she thinks of doing something. You know, going through things in the mind or reminscing. And thinking of changing themself?

2) Write about an event or something in the imagination. Like: I close my eyes and can see China.

dani86

Maybe its in heaven?
Martini I don't think that was a very good idea posting it up here, but I liked it. A lot. *evil laugh*
anti you would make a good high school english teacher.. You're helping stupid people and you're not benefiting from it.
You wouldn't know any techniques in The Tempest would you?
I've run a search on anything possible in this site, and Google as well...
Thanks in advance :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Hm you'd have to write it well - don't just write random things for the sake of it (see: postmodernism, metafiction). It's fine though, can get you good marks too ;)

Jargon .. probably only in appropriate contexts (eg. your main character is a pirate so he keeps saying 'arr'.). Again don't throw it in for the sake of it (esp swearing, I can't stand inappropriate swearing)

Martini

anti said:
That was nice:) I do have a query.. how can something has died be writing about its life? ;)
oh my god.. is that really a problem?? i didn't think that mattered.

and as for all those who think they're going to now steal my idea... i know that thing word for word so let's just hope we dont get the same markers marking it! :p even if it is very short!

jude_ess

i'm sorry martini, i dont mean to be rude but that wasn't great...

1. it wasn't nearly long enough, you should be able to write more in 40 minutes
2. it wasn't very funny (sorry)
3. i think the markers would appreciate something a bit more serious, they might even get the idea that you're making a joke of the whole thing and classify it as a non-serious attempt for which you'll get zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)