Antony and Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

davidw89

HSC
Does anyone have any essays'powerplay related texts on this??

HSC
Theres heaps of ORMs, tend to stay away from the hollywood blockbuster shit (eg Gladiator)

Just do Battleship Potemkin, the sequence at the Odessa Steps, video found here http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZTET6NupL1U
its pretty self explanatory and the markers will like the originality. Military powerplay found here, relate it to Caesar's ruthlessness and pragmatism - especially the bit where the kill that woman holding a bay that looks like a man

Or try Cabaret, http://youtube.com/watch?v=RF7w99-72ZI
where the nazi boy sings, the power of song, everyone joining in etc. Also original too

And actually have a look at these, dont just ask for essays because no ones going to give you that much help.

davidw89

HSC
Hey are u allowed to do bored of studies text..

iam considering doing animal farm/elizabeth..also whats wrong with gladiator?

HSC
The markers look for originality in ORMs, but thats not saying they arent looking for quality lol. A&C has lot in common with Gladiator, most people have seen it, its easy to do, and hence a shitload of people end up doing it. As long as your answer is absolutely fucking brilliant, then dont do it, cos the markers will jus tbe thinking "oh here we go again, another gladiator one", when theyve been marking for ages in the hall etc

I dont know much about Elizabeth, but AF is pretty darn common. Just check those vids out, theyre pretty easy to do. Show your teacher, get feedback etc. You got ages to the HSC

davidw89

HSC
Well i got the notification...we're going to watch an in class film, then the essay question wil lbe based on powerplay (i can already guess the question) that you will need to related to A&C and your supplementary text. ANy idea what the film would be?? ALso i think i might be doing ANimal Farm...teahcer said it was a good idea..although i will talk to my saturday english teacher and ask for his advice.

HSC
Fahrenheit 9/11?
Bowling for Columbine?

Thats what they did for ours the past two years (pretty much the same assessment task)...but our school did Telling the Truth so it could be anything

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i did alexander the great and a novel by victor kelleher

try schindler's list. a doc drama. pretty good

elizebeth is kinda over done too.

half of my grade did that one (another half did animal farm. LOL)

davidw89

HSC
Hey guys iam having trouble relating animal farm to antony and cleopatra..any ideas?? I know animal farm is mainly political power..power via word while antony and cleopatra is power by military??

HSC
Snowball = antony = both act on passion not reason
Napoleon or Stalin whatever his name is = Caesar = both act on reason not passion

just back that up with quotes

distaster5411

HSC
is bowling for columbine a powerplay text? im confused in what to look for in terms of power representation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)