Anu 2013 (1 Viewer)

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
This is where being a local is useful, free board and food with the parents. Then Youth Allowance = no need to work. Moreso, no time to work...
Yeah, I just want to work so I don't end up broke by the end of first year :p I also wouldn't mind being able to afford to go to the gym twice a week so I don't get fat from studying all the time.

imnotbatman

HSC
Hi, I've went to the UAC site to accept my offer which says this:

Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws - full time at The Australian National University

Offer text: To accept this offer, please go to http://students.anu.edu.au/applications/accepting.php and complete the on-line acceptance form. Information will be sent to you via email within 8 working days of this offer. For enquiries, please call 02 6125 5594.

So I filled out the form and am waiting for any further info. I was wondering how all you guys have gotten timetables already. Any help appreciated ty.

sirquack

HSC
Hey ty, these are draft timetables. You can create your own by going here: http://timetable.anu.edu.au/ It helps you to organise in your own mind what lectures and subjects you want to take in first semester. This way, you can be more prepared for enrollment, and hopefully get your ideal classes before they fill up after enrollment starts. :)

imnotbatman

HSC
So are you guys also waiting for confirmation etc in the 8 days or are yours all finalised and ready? I am really worried lol. Thanks for responding.

yixian

HSC
N/A
haha to all the law students: wow we have like no contact hours! ive calculated mine for bachelor of arts (eng and phil majors)/bachelor of laws, and it seems like i only have 9 contact hours a week! is this too good to be true!?

danielloowk

HSC
Uni Grad
It's typically low contact-hours for Law at any uni, but law students have lots of reading to do in their spare time.

danniomc

HSC
Still waiting for the "acknowledgement of acceptance".
I've heard we might not get an acknowledgement of acceptance. Did you get the email from the Dean about enrolment with ISIS?

haha to all the law students: wow we have like no contact hours! ive calculated mine for bachelor of arts (eng and phil majors)/bachelor of laws, and it seems like i only have 9 contact hours a week! is this too good to be true!?
Hi fellow ANU Law student!!!!! Have you included tutorials in your calculation? They don't appear on the timetabling website but they're in the course description, and they usually take up a few hours per week.

So excited to start!

yixian

HSC
N/A
Hi fellow ANU Law student!!!!! Have you included tutorials in your calculation? They don't appear on the timetabling website but they're in the course description, and they usually take up a few hours per week.

So excited to start!
Hi! Yeah I have included tutorials! Sorry my bad, I miscalculated. I actually have 10 hours all together per week: 4 hours for Law (all lectures; i dont think there are tutes for the first 2 weeks yeah?), 3 hours for English and 3 hours for Philosophy! im sure this is all very deceiving though. I'll probably be spending my life in the library 24/7 from all the homework they are going to be bury me with!

Procyon11

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard we might not get an acknowledgement of acceptance. Did you get the email from the Dean about enrolment with ISIS?
From an email received on the 8th of Jan:

Dear XXXXXX

Congratulations on receiving your offer from The Australian National University.

If you haven’t done so already, you are now ready to accept your offer

We will be sending out enrolment information to everyone who has accepted their offer in late January but if we can help you further now, please contact us on admissions@anu.edu.au

We look forward to welcoming you to ANU.

Kind regards

Admissions Office

cerebellum

HSC
On this page http://students.anu.edu.au/applications/ It says "After you accept your offer, your acceptance will be processed by the University and you will receive an acknowledgement of your acceptance." However, I received no such acknowledgement. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I called them up (at this number: 6125 5594) and asked if they can confirm that they know I have accepted their offer. They confirmed it. So if any of you are still in doubt whether or not you have accepted their offer properly, call 6125 5594. All you have to do is give them your name, course name and UAC number.

They also told me that an email will be sent to all future students on the 26th or 29th of January. The email will include an ISIS password and enrolment details.

So far, the only thing I've gotten from ANU is an email from the Dean of Law and an email for the ANU Sydney Information Evening. I haven't gotten an email for International Relations yet. Nor have I gotten any physical "Welcome to ANU" letters through the mail. Which is strange, since all other unis have been sending me crap everyday.

I also noticed that you're doing the same double degree as me! Have you done a draft timetable yet? Can I see? I'm really confused as to what IR courses to put in in my timetable. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Procyon11

HSC
Uni Grad
They also told me that an email will be sent to all future students on the 26th or 29th of January. The email will include an ISIS password and enrolment details.
Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

There also will be a 'Pre-enrolment advice day' on the 1st of Feb. Details here: http://billboard.anu.edu.au/event_view.asp?id=97313

Want to talk to someone about your enrolment?

Come along to our Pre-Enrolment Advice (PEA) Day, to meet with staff and discuss your study and enrolment options. On the day you will have the opportunity to talk to academic staff and advisors about planning your degree.

You can also ask about the enrolment process, deferment options, and generally how to find your way through your first few weeks.
And the best part of course:
As well as enjoy a complimentary gelato!

Last edited:

danniomc

HSC
On this page http://students.anu.edu.au/applications/
I also noticed that you're doing the same double degree as me! Have you done a draft timetable yet? Can I see? I'm really confused as to what IR courses to put in in my timetable. Thanks in advance!
Yeah buddy! IR is hard to timetable because it depends on how many subjects you want to do in 1st semester. I'm most likely doing 2 IR subjects (Intro to IR & French (or whichever language I end up choosing)) so mine looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 4.48.13 PM.jpg

But yeah, everyone does POLS1005 I believe, and you can do another 1000-level course too if you want (I think). Everyone's in the same boat of not being sure of what to do subject-wise, so don't fret! It'll all be made clear soon :)

Also if someone sees in my timetable I've done something wrong please let me know!

cerebellum

HSC
Yeah buddy! IR is hard to timetable because it depends on how many subjects you want to do in 1st semester. I'm most likely doing 2 IR subjects (Intro to IR & French (or whichever language I end up choosing)) so mine looks something like this:

View attachment 27537

But yeah, everyone does POLS1005 I believe, and you can do another 1000-level course too if you want (I think). Everyone's in the same boat of not being sure of what to do subject-wise, so don't fret! It'll all be made clear soon :)

Also if someone sees in my timetable I've done something wrong please let me know!
Heya, thanks for the draft timetable. Looks good! :D

So you've decided to complete 24 units from a minor (since language is counted as a minor, right?) instead of an exchange or an internship program?

danniomc

HSC
So you've decided to complete 24 units from a minor (since language is counted as a minor, right?) instead of an exchange or an internship program?
Still not totally sure about exchange and minors yet... I'm considering changing to Arts/Law when I get down (so I have more subject freedom), or maybe change next year. I don't want to fall behind in French so I will enrol in that too and maybe major in French in Arts when I transfer and still go on exchange :D So many choices! Are you considering exchange instead of a minor?

PS Happy Australia Day everyone!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)