ANU Accommodation (1 Viewer)

littlesteph

HSC
Keep trying for share accommodation, you'll get thru eventually - canberra is too expensive and has such high demand that you are unlikely to find anything else at the moment. Try these websites first:

http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/act/share-residential

http://canberra.gumtree.com.au/f-Unit-House-Real-Estate-flat-share-house-share-W0QQCatIdZ18294

If you dont have a car, it might be a good idea - the houses close to the uni are expensive, and the bus system isnt the best. But once you are there see what you think. Good Luck!

Nelke

HSC
Yeah that's pretty much it, just drop by the reception and say if anyone leaves you know, i'm the man/woman for you. Use a threatening voice. Leaving a dead horses head in the Dean's bed is known to be very effective as well. They don't announce if they have vacancies, you just gotta ask diligently. Good luck!
Oh sweet! I'm afraid I just ran out of sacrificial horses, so I'll just have to try the regular plebeian method of sweet talking/coercion - so fingers crossed that works out for me. Thanks for the help and luck!

yosemite sam

HSC
I think some people find it's not the haven of calm, polite and studious students that the shiny veneer of UL gives the impression of. It's also ridiculously expensive for what you get.

EvangelionZeta

HSC
Going to play the other side and say that I've personally found UniLodge quite enjoyable to stay at - this coming from somebody who lived in spirit at Burgmann for most of first semester, and who has a buttload of friends at (and hence a buttload of visits to) B&G. It's a matter of taste, what you're looking for in a residence, etc.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
As someone who got into B&G mid-semester this semester I have had next to no community. Attended a few events and no one has ever talked to me.

Maybe I'm just weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)