ANU@Citigate.......wooo!(sarcastic) (1 Viewer)

bobohappy

HSC
ok!

so, who's here with me????????????????????????

ap. we get free breakfast and dinner....ooooo...so, its like a half-catered system...

rx34

HSC
$163 seems great with brekkie and dinner included. But for your sake, I hope the food is good. Would you be signing a one year lease?

orchiddreams

HSC
Yeah, I wonder what contract we'll be signing? It couldn't be 40 weeks if they're thinking of moving us out in semester 2.

HiddenDragon

HSC
You sign the 40 week and when they move you out you keep paying it i think.

John555

HSC
Since our contract is going to be ANU (I think), then I don't think they'll penalize us for transferring to a hall in the 2nd semester.

vikraman

HSC

John555

HSC

littles123

HSC
I'm there too. I think one bad thing is like we're going to become really unhealthy people who live off cereal and resteraunt food/microwavable food. Studying will also not be very easy, although the library is there of course.

They'll probably do their very best to get us out quickly, if they have any sense at all they know how wrong this is.

joshwisegamgee

HSC
cost wise it should be fine! I'm moving down as well, just worried about motel share rooms!!!

Ba Arts / Bsc Psychology

littles123

HSC
$163 seems great with brekkie and dinner included. But for your sake, I hope the food is good. Would you be signing a one year lease?
its not really 'dinner' its like coupons so we'd have to eat at various resteraunts. and brekky is only contintental (not that i mind) which kinda highlights it'll be shit

rx34

HSC
Wow, this link makes it sound like hell. Doesn't seem much of a study environment as well, with cobwebs, spiders and whatnot.

Maybe you would be better of spending 5 days in Canberra and finding a room that's located close to the university. Even though it's extremely stressful, I'm sure you can get better accommodation than this. I've done it before in Sydney yet found accommodation in 2 days. I hated it, but it was worthwhile.

littles123

HSC
Wow, this link makes it sound like hell. Doesn't seem much of a study environment as well, with cobwebs, spiders and whatnot.

Maybe you would be better of spending 5 days in Canberra and finding a room that's located close to the university. Even though it's extremely stressful, I'm sure you can get better accommodation than this. I've done it before in Sydney yet found accommodation in 2 days. I hated it, but it was worthwhile.
The thing is though if one decides to reject the accommodation offer, you don't get priority in semester 2 when they start freeing up space. It's so tempting though to find alternate rooms.

LobbSACS

HSC
Im planning to go down to Canberra to look at apartments either 2moro or Monday, ill go to the motel and try to scope out a room under the guise of "i would like to stay here but can i see a room first"

ill let you guys know if its bad or completely shit.

vikraman

HSC
Im planning to go down to Canberra to look at apartments either 2moro or Monday, ill go to the motel and try to scope out a room under the guise of "i would like to stay here but can i see a room first"

ill let you guys know if its bad or completely shit.
I'll only be there by Monday evening, so if you go tomorrow, put up some first looks. I want to see how bad it really is..

littles123

HSC
My dads in canberra, he just called after looking at the motel and said it wasnt that bad. He said the rooms were fine, normal motel like. But he did say it was fairly rundown from the outside.

Also, the bike path goes from right next to the motel right up to the uni and theres parkland near the hotel (like you could jog there and go for walks and stuff)... :s

gingerwitch28

HSC
theres parkland near the hotel (like you could jog there and go for walks and stuff)... :s
Or get axe-murdered :p

You and the Carotel kids will get first preference in the semester break, so really if we start uni in late Feb and break starts in June it's only about 3-4 months right?

littles123

HSC
You and the Carotel kids will get first preference in the semester break, so really if we start uni in late Feb and break starts in June it's only about 3-4 months right?
Yeah exactly, and one of the accommodation people on the phone said there are loads of dropouts, so there will be some who get in before semester break.

HiddenDragon

HSC
Looks like we'll just have to band together to survive, like a zombie apocalypse, untill we are rescued. People always bond well in difficult situations, so atleast we'll have freinds by the end lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)