ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
If worse comes to worse, you could look at transferring to a different hall mid year. Odds are you wouldn't be able to, but it's something to consider.

garrybarry

HSC
i dont understand how you can talk about campus or college atmosphere - and bag fenner over unilodge...
Wow do you have a problem with me or something? All I said was that I wouldn't want to live there because it was off campus and my comment on the atmosphere was based on onother comment from someone else who posted here. And I wasn't baghing the place out. Everybody has opinions on why they prefer a certain place to stay at... You seem to not like UL. Those were my reasons for not wanting to stay at Fenner. Chill ffs.

ephorex

HSC
nah the melbourne one, twas last night. u sure it's tonight? thought it was the 5th..the earlier the better though.
Oh? you attended as well?? Did you speak to Marie at the end bout your accomm??

Anyway, i got my double studio apartment @ kinloch (at "only" $380/week =.=) changed to a 4 bedroom balcony @ kinloch

i = very happy :)

Btw, for those ppl in UL, any of you considering changing it to a 48 week contract?? If so, what are the pertinent dates for a 48 week contract?

blacksunset

HSC
i have no problem with you buddy, i just think its very naive for you t make such comments like fenner doesnt have a good college atmosphere - but unilodge does, when you have not even started uni yet.........
and saying that unilodge will provide more for their ressi's than b&g because they have more money to spend.. its nice that you are thinking that way - and if it happens, fabulous, i just think its very naive...

cricketfan10

HSC
Oh? you attended as well?? Did you speak to Marie at the end bout your accomm??

Anyway, i got my double studio apartment @ kinloch (at "only" $380/week =.=) changed to a 4 bedroom balcony @ kinloch

i = very happy :)

Btw, for those ppl in UL, any of you considering changing it to a 48 week contract?? If so, what are the pertinent dates for a 48 week contract?
yeah, they were sposed to call us the day after but nothing doing.

do u know if ur going to be living with other first years?

blacksunset

HSC
there seem to be so many of you ging into unilodge this year - im sure you will end up with each other somewhere along the way! :)

emiline

HSC
Ohhhh Ephorex, you have a balcony!!!! I'm on the fourth floor with two other females which is good, I just SOOO hope that they are first years! Can you believe they charge 20c for printing one page?!?!?!?! Crazy....

Well at least you are in Cricketfan! And Fenner Hall will probably be more sociable than UniLodge, not to mention A WHOLE LOT CHEAPER! And they run buses and everything to the Uni, so it is not tooo off campus! Congrats!

garrybarry

HSC
I still don't understand how people can say that Fenner will be more sociable than UL, considering someone on here said the international population there is over 50%! Plus, it's off campus. Also, don't we all get a quota for printing? I'm sure if you don't go over that it's free, just like every other hall. I for one am happy to be going to UL this year. I got my offer today. 3 share in the new building. It's the most modern of all options on campus, plus it seems there will be a lot of firsts years, hopefully not the kind who keep saying things like "Fenner Hall will probably be more sociable than UniLodge". You can only hope there are some positive people there, not sour about it.

Madek

HSC
I think they'll both be pretty sociable.

Throw a bunch of people in an unfamiliar place and everyone will be looking for friends.

Well that's my plan, because I know absolutely no one in canberra!

emiline

HSC
Ok Garrybarry, why don't we just crush Cricketfan a little bit more?

Hopefully UniLodge will also have some people who are perhaps a little bit more empathetic to others. UniLodge will only be as social as peope make it, same with Fenner, Bruce or anywhere else, I think we all realise that, but in the past Fenner has the best social track record...gggeeeeeezzzzzzz. So very sorry...

cricketfan10

HSC
Ok Garrybarry, why don't we just crush Cricketfan a little bit more?

Hopefully UniLodge will also have some people who are perhaps a little bit more empathetic to others. UniLodge will only be as social as peope make it, same with Fenner, Bruce or anywhere else, I think we all realise that, but in the past Fenner has the best social track record...gggeeeeeezzzzzzz. So very sorry...
lol dw about it, im alright with going to fenner now. seems to me that the social aspect is a bit overrated because like you said, it is what you make of it. im just looking forward to it all now :D

hope you have a good time at unilodge as well :)

dreamee - i think imallergic may still be offerless, altho we've been going thru the same process so she may have got fenner as well. hope it works out for you soon though.

ephorex

HSC
Ohhhh Ephorex, you have a balcony!!!! I'm on the fourth floor with two other females which is good, I just SOOO hope that they are first years! Can you believe they charge 20c for printing one page?!?!?!?! Crazy....

Well at least you are in Cricketfan! And Fenner Hall will probably be more sociable than UniLodge, not to mention A WHOLE LOT CHEAPER! And they run buses and everything to the Uni, so it is not tooo off campus! Congrats!
lol, how do u know whom ure with?? Do you know after you accept the offer? And yeh, a balcony.. i guess it can't hurt.

And as for printing, i might get my own printer; probs work out cheaper that way (though, are we allowed to do that??). The only charge i'm a worried about is the internet one...i reckon i'll bust the budget that way.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
lol, how do u know whom ure with?? Do you know after you accept the offer? And yeh, a balcony.. i guess it can't hurt.

And as for printing, i might get my own printer; probs work out cheaper that way (though, are we allowed to do that??). The only charge i'm a worried about is the internet one...i reckon i'll bust the budget that way.
hahaha yeh you can buy your own printer. if ul is going to be a dick about it just walk onto campus and use you anu quota at one of the lbraries. otherwise you can buy pretty cheap laser printers these days.

garrybarry

HSC
Seriously, from what I've read, your ANU print quota will work at UL. I don't know where you read otherwise. As long as you can log into the ANU network you will be able to use your print quota. I can't belive nobody who currently lives on campus has told you that yet. If, by some reason, UL doesn't allow you to log into the ANU network, which seems ridiculous and hard to believe, then they probably will charge you. Where did you read that they will charge you? It's just like any other hall on campus. UL doesn't seem that mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)