ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

dreamee

HSC
Finally have an offer: Unilodge though.

Ah well. It's what you make of it.

emiline

HSC
Dreamee, did you get your offer on a Sunday? That would be weird! What sort of room is it? Congrats though! Loving that there will be heaps of first years around UL!
Getting exciting now!
Has anyone got a Regional or National Merit scholarship yet? Or know whether they are out?

imallergic

HSC
Well this is all very silly...

I finally got an accommpdation offer on Friday - for Fenner. Except it turns out that I'm not taking it... :mad1:

garrybarry

HSC
Well this is all very silly...

I finally got an accommpdation offer on Friday - for Fenner. Except it turns out that I'm not taking it... :mad1:
Why not? Have you decided against studying at ANU this year?

dreamee

HSC
Dreamee, did you get your offer on a Sunday? That would be weird! What sort of room is it? Congrats though! Loving that there will be heaps of first years around UL!
Getting exciting now!
Has anyone got a Regional or National Merit scholarship yet? Or know whether they are out?
Nah... I found the message from Fri in my junk mail after much searching. It only arrived at 8.30pm though (apparently)... I'm in a 3 share at Davey. But I'm going to try and see if I can get into a 5 share.

About scholarships: I got offered the 6.5k one... but they didn't send any confirmation about whether they got my confirmation! lol. And no money in my bank account! So dunno. But Merit/Undergrad ones are definitely out. Not sure about regional ones though. Maybe phone them up?

ephorex

HSC
Nah... I found the message from Fri in my junk mail after much searching. It only arrived at 8.30pm though (apparently)... I'm in a 3 share at Davey. But I'm going to try and see if I can get into a 5 share.

About scholarships: I got offered the 6.5k one... but they didn't send any confirmation about whether they got my confirmation! lol. And no money in my bank account! So dunno. But Merit/Undergrad ones are definitely out. Not sure about regional ones though. Maybe phone them up?
1. Yeah, same here with the 6.5k...i thought they'd send over a form or something asking for bank details? Maybe they'll ask when you enrol?

2. Another thing, i've sent off the payment to UL already (and they said they [FONT=&quot]"will be able to confirm your accommodation reservation upon receipt of your payment.") [/FONT],but i havent sent a record of the payment transaction to them yet. Am i still meant to receive something from them??

3. When do we pay uni fees? When you enrol?

4. Is there a recommended list of stuff to bring to UL? Or is it just up to us to bring whatever we want?

emiline

HSC
Isn't the 6.5K one the Regional one? Damn, wish I had one of them!
Congrats to those that got them! How did they alert you, email or mail?

imallergic

HSC
Yeah, I can't go to ANU anymore.... :(

A few of outside factors have come up... Like my parents crashing both cars. Ehhhhh.... Looks like I'm ending up at UNSW. I was really looking forward to going to ANU though.

You guys have fun in Canberra.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
1. Yeah, same here with the 6.5k...i thought they'd send over a form or something asking for bank details? Maybe they'll ask when you enrol?

2. Another thing, i've sent off the payment to UL already (and they said they [FONT=&quot]"will be able to confirm your accommodation reservation upon receipt of your payment.") [/FONT],but i havent sent a record of the payment transaction to them yet. Am i still meant to receive something from them??

4. Is there a recommended list of stuff to bring to UL? Or is it just up to us to bring whatever we want?
1 - Scholarship payments normally go out in the first couple of weeks of uni, you will need to sign something and do the bank details form which I would guess might come in the mail.

3 - Uni fees aren't due til the census date (31 March) and can be paid after you enrol, then you'll know how much to pay.

dreamee

HSC

1. They send that form via email. I just got one.

2. Probably send the record of payment and if you're still worried, phone them up.

3. Don't they send you over to the HECS guys when you enrol?

4. Doesn't seem like they've got a list. But then, that may come with the confirmation.

ps. Got changed to a 5-share at Davey. :) Anyone else in a 5 share at Davey?

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Anyone who's moved in or moving into bruce, make sure you pop by and say hi!

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
3. Don't they send you over to the HECS guys when you enrol?
If you are an International student, during enrolment you'll be sent over to the Fees people after you get your visa checked.

If you're a domestic student who's gonna be on HECS, after you get enrolled in Melville Hall and are sent over to the Chifley Library to finalise your enrolment, completing an electronic Commonwealth assistance form (eCaf) is one of the tasks you'll need to do. There'll be plenty of people around to help if you get confused!

breezy221090

HSC
I'm in 5 share at Davey, already moved in. They don't give you a list of what to take but you basically need all your kitchen stuff and linen etc.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
I'm on Pac2 as well.

Cooking for yourself isn't all that difficult, i'm sure you'll do fine.

33pairs

HSC
Where exactly is North 2?.. apparently that's where I'm headed..

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
If I remember correctly, that would be bottom north. It's the ground floor of the north block, between the extension block and the admin building.

You'll be shown to your room when you move in. I used to be in bottom north :)

garrybarry

HSC
I'm in 5 share at Davey, already moved in. They don't give you a list of what to take but you basically need all your kitchen stuff and linen etc.
Hey! How it there? Any info up on UL O'Week? Spoken to any reps there yet? Really looking forward to moving. I hope they have a good O week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)