ANU is my dream university, but why there are so many negative sayings against it? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Re: ANU is my dream university, but why there are so many negative sayings against it

All I'm trying to suggest is that the OP shouldn't pay too much attention to these rankings, especially when the OP is looking for a undergraduate commerce degree.

Also, just because Cambidge outranks Oxford in many of these rankings (both THES and SJT) doesn't mean it is "better" in many people's views here in the UK and they are both mentioned on equal grounds. And of course, the lower ranking of Oxford didn't stop you from apply to Oxford, did it? So my point is, don't take the rankings too seriously. :D
hahah sif mention Oxbridge! That's a low blow! :'(

I totally agree, however I still think ANU is fab.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Re: ANU is my dream university, but why there are so many negative sayings against it

So it's probably a great uni for this country and I'm sure people respect you for it if you went to it, but I don't think it'd be a uni that a lot of people identify with unless you were to run people past the Jiaotong Rankings everytime you talk about your uni. But if you did that you'd just be demonstrating what a muppet you are.
It depends on who you're talking to. UNSW/Monash/UQ are all excellent universities with high regard domestically, and it shows in the JT/Times rankings in Top 50. But to those outside Australia, they might be more inclined to hold ANU/ University of Sydney/UMelb as more recognised simply because of the name, not the rankings (even though they are higher ranked, especially for ANU).

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

ANU is in Canberra so if you want to do commerce you should go to Melbourne/Sydney unless you want to work for the Government - I doubt ANU has many connections to banks and potential employeers compared to say UNSW.

I'd also like to point out that ANU seems to be more focused on its post-graduate students which is what most of these rankings are about anyway.

HSC

you must grab that dream and never let go

Japanese_rambo

HSC
N/A

I dont believe you should ask a bunch of school leavers who have not taught or finished UNI yet about what UNI is the best. Do your own reading, make an informed decision by reading their websites or something. A lot of people here slander each other over bullshit. OH, UNSW is shit. USYD is Shit. Melb is Shit. Oh UTS is shit. Bunch of little geeks paying each other out about their respective uni's. If this hurts you, It might be harsh but its the truth. You have every opp to do whatever you like. I just remember when i wanted to choose UNI i thought MACQ, UNSW, UTS and USYD were all awesome. now you see the elitist nerds on here squabbling like its really going to affect them or there pay check.

ANU kicks ass.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

Well in response to person who quoted me, my experience in Melbourne has been that Monash and RMIT are pretty well-regarded in Asia and Melbourne is not as well-known because people only see Monash/RMIT ads. Melbourne is ranked higher than Monash + RMIT btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)