ANU nightlife, is there one? (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
timmyh said:
another johns person.... who are you? lol....
Yeah, some ppl at johns can give it a bad rep that it doesnt deserve, but still it is uni, it is college, and it is JOHNS lol.
Bruce abuse... thats a johns institution... they even spelt it out for us during O week, and Bruce love to hate us for it anyway haha.
No we don't. Personally I'd love to see the people who do it to wrap their cars around a telegraph pole.

timmyh

HSC
whoa neo, so much anger.... maybe you could use it to help bruce win the sport shield for once.... haha. nah brucies generally arent bad ppl, and bruce abuse would piss u off.... but what can i say, if u hate it that much you should have come to johns....

timmyh

HSC
you missed it? did u have one booked and not go, or just not get an interview???
id suggest ringing up the johns office and asking what they reckon... you might be in for a bit of a hard time though, i had a mate who went for an interview and said there was something crazy like over 300 applicants for about 120 places.
anyways goodluck, might see u at johns next year.....

Evilo

HSC
sezy_jane said:
hey tim, it's sarah 'that does german' as nicci so eloquently put it :p.
i still reckon OTB days will be back, just with tighter rules or something. they're a johns institution
Yeah it will be back next year. Its written in the Johns handbook i just got.

What happened back then? Theres about 3 references in the handbook relating to punishments if you get in some fountain (during OTBD)? and theres a code of conduct for OTBD!!! lol it sounds like the fun police have struck again - or did someone really muck up last time? maybe this is a pm reply :p wouldn't want to get in trouble before i arrived lol!

timmyh

HSC
Hell yeh! OTB is back!
About those references in the handbook... those sound like exactly the same things written in the handbook when I first got it... the stuff relating to the fountain etc i have absolutely no idea about.. i didnt even know we had a fountain? the only one i know of is outside bruce....
But anyway, after the last out the back of 06, Ken, the head of college decided to cancel OTB days because of the amount of food lying around (there is a BBQ lunch), the "excessive levels" of drinking and the amount of ppl who decided to chunder in the bathrooms....Keep in mind OTB days are characterised by drinking, a dodgy live rock band, fairy floss and a jumping castle... add in 300 uni kids, and yeh u get the picture....
But as Sarah mentioned OTB is a johns instituion, everyone loves it... i cant wait for it!

Venusian

HSC
Bah Timmy dont worry every year Sven threatens to cancels out the back day, so he brings in big scary rules that noone pays attention to (or has spew-ginas just behind the carpark on ANU ground (cos security dont care) and put the rules in the middle to be spewed on)
I hear it will be back but with 4 SRs and 4 RAs having to be sober
The "Fountain" is that waste water pond just before you get to the multistorey car park - dont go into ever it is seriously toxic and people have gotten really sick from swimming in it - its one of the few things in the handbook that are acutally true! (speaking of truth does it still say there is a cappucino machine in the tav? lols)

So johns kids who are returning have fun - i know i'll be at all the big events, even tho im now an 'ex-ressie' (when things get better, like ex-ressie ball this weekend, plus all the fun of johns events without the food! woohoo!)

timmyh

HSC
Cheers for the info! a johns ex ressie hmmm.. do i know u lol?
I recently heard from our new international rep on the RA that OTB is back - so i guess that confirms it lol - but yeh prob with all those rules u mentioned. That river/creek/body of water near the carpark is absolute filth, i cant believe ppl would swim in that... i mean sullies is bad enough lol.
Anyway for all new/old/returning johns ppl O week will consist of:

Monday and Tuesday: I dunno, i wont be there. ask someone else lol.

Wednesday: Return of the older year ressies. Toga night, leading into the foam party at academy... from what i hear if ur wearing a toga u get free entry.

Thursday: Tav night (theme currently undecided)

Friday: Fantasy Island.. there will be much drunkeness and stupid costumes.

Saturday: Out the Back Day... It's Back!!!!!

Sunday: rest day

The wait is almost over!

Venusian

HSC
On Thursday Moose is only letting Johns, Ursies and Bruse Kids into the bottom floor and the theme is traffic lights

On Tuesday its Hawaiian bar crawl and its tradition for any ex-ressie or returning ressie whose back early to go (to check out the new first years :p)

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
awww... i'm sad i can't go to the hawaiian bar crawl this year. that was so much fun last year! and my first experience finding dollies. yay

oli666

HSC
N/A
HI GUYS!!!! im a fellow Johns student studying 2nd year law/com. Im a transfer from a uni in melb so im in a decent position to make a few compassisons.

Johns College is awesome. Although sometimes i wonder how a few of the students made it to the ANU... i mean in light of their drinking habits. The ANU is beautiful and it's a point that i think many people neglect. The campus is set against scenic bush and is so sprawling that it's actually enjoyable to ride around.

Anyway back to the point at hand. Canberra has a good social scene. The drinks are cheap and the clubs are frequented mainly by uni students (yes you get a few filthy townies, but it's nowhere near as bad as Sydney or Melbourne). You can't go past college though. I lived at home for my first year and commuted to a uni in Melb. It was the most unmemorable year of my life.

The facts are, the ANU is an A-list university, college life there is arguably one of the best in Australia, the drinks in Canberra are dirt cheap with a Moose card and the girls... well there is something for everyone.

Venusian

HSC
oli666 said:
sometimes i wonder how a few of the students made it to the ANU... i mean in light of their drinking habits.
you'd be suprised - some of the biggest piss-cutters at johns are some of the smartest kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)