ANU- Question about taking a language (1 Viewer)

cyrus_atlantis

HSC
N/A
Hi! I wish 2 learn chinese at university but i was thinking of applying a double degree- bachelor of law and bachelor of commerce at anu.
Just wondering if its possible with the double degree or do i have 2 take up bach of asia pacific/language/art in order to learn the language.

If anyone no, or even think tey might no, answers r much appreciated!
Thanks!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
In a double degree you generally can't take any out-of-faculty courses, so you won't be able to study Chinese within a BCom/LLB.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
TAFE have night school for this so you could end up with a CERT IV in foreign language ontop of your degree

AllaY

HSC
N/A
Would i be able to take chinese as an elective?

Xunlyn

Flippant Pancakes
HSC
You can't do a language as an out of faculty elective in a double. It wont fit in your degree and I really don't reccomend it. What I do think you can do is joining up with the Asia Pacific Studies Society, Chinese Students & Scholars Association, and other similar clubs. These can help you find someone to do a language exchange with, for example regularly helping an international student with their English for an hour or two a week in exchange for them tutoring you. It's a good idea to have had some experience in the language before doing the course, and if you decide later in your degree you really want to do the course, you can check with student services and there are ways you could get it to fit depending on certain conditions. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)