Any actuarial students available for a quick interview? (1 Viewer)

jonathan__

HSC
Hey I'm currently involved in a UNSW ComSoc project where we gather info about careers and lifestyles that courses may lead to. We are looking for any actuarial students (workers would b even better) to answer a few q's over the net. It won't take too long and ur name would b published in our magazine. Cheers.

jonathan__

HSC
lols maybe that's the reason y no one's responding..they dun wanna talk abt it and admit it...

Affinity

HSC
jonathan__ said:
...we gather info about careers and lifestyles that courses may lead to...
should not you be interviewing our predecessors? Try talk to professor Sherris, he should have some contacts with recent graduates

It will be difficult for you to find a actuarial student during tthe holidays.. they are eitehr studying or for the few who have a life.. away.

AH I have a better idea, ASOC (the actuarial students society) publishes a newsletter called tab once every so often. and almost always there's an interview with an working actuary. you might want to ask permission to rip one of those off. :p

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
Honestly, I don't see how wannabe actuaries are any different from the rest of the faculty. I am sure there are good musicians, sports players(erh.. maybe not .. I think we lost every single game vs macquarie ppl), bums, nerds, geeks, kind people, schemers, social people, shy ones, christians, atheist, muslims, jews buddhists and others amongst us.

Last edited:

jonathan__

HSC
I visited the site and found 3 newsletters, all of which were made in 1999....

Affinity

HSC
no you aren't.. since you do Bcom/BSc, your case of no life syndrome is severe enough to place you under a unique classification

Last edited:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Go into their forum. Theyre not all crazy study people. But I think their ski trip is coming up soon so they might be preparing for tha.t

Affinity

HSC
I am not sure if the forum is active... and if it is it certainly does not represent the majority.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I wonder.. should I post up the 70meg video.. hahaha. It shows how actuaries interact (or lack of)

Affinity

HSC
redslert said:
Well I have pictures of actuaries playing jinga :)

Ahem!..

Wasn't that at nancy's

and it's Jenga not jinga :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)