Any advice for maths ext 1? I'm feeling screwedd... (1 Viewer)

shashysha

HSC
at this point you should've finished all the content by now so honestly just do some practice papers OR fix up what you're not confident at then go do some papers. The questions in 3U are pretty standard (as in they are all pretty similar - look at most schools Q11 its usually the same thing) but the last few questions should switch it up and be difficult, so do a variety of schools to familiarise yourself with the range of questions you can be asked. 3U is in around 2 weeks so thats plenty of time to practice even if you have exams in between, good luck!

beetree1

HSC
Just do past papers. Ext1 is going to be fine dont stress it

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
My best advice is to finish the circle geo in reading time and take your time with silly mistakes since I think maths ext 1 has a lot of time to do the exam, good luck!

Edit: Also personally I just start with my favourite section, like if I see Q13 has all stuff that I like then I start there for a free confidence booster :D

beetree1

HSC
My best advice is to finish the circle geo in reading time and take your time with silly mistakes since I think maths ext 1 has a lot of time to do the exam, good luck!

Edit: Also personally I just start with my favourite section, like if I see Q13 has all stuff that I like then I start there for a free confidence booster :D
circle geo has been removed from syllabus :(

tito981

HSC
Isn‘t it a bit aids to start in the middle/end of a 3/4u paper, as in spacing for leaving working out Space for prior questions.

YonOra

HSC
Isn‘t it a bit aids to start in the middle/end of a 3/4u paper, as in spacing for leaving working out Space for prior questions.
wym? don't you get a booklet per Q for HSC/Trials?

shashysha

HSC
Usually you get a booklet each question but I wouldn't do it out of order - the exam is in an order for a reason lol

YonOra

HSC
Usually you get a booklet each question but I wouldn't do it out of order - the exam is in an order for a reason lol
I mean it usually will increase in difficulty as you go through so ye

tito981

HSC
Oh damn did not know this, just assumed it was like my year 11 exam where we were just given a massive booklet to do q’s in rather than seperate booklets per q.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah 1 booklet per question so I sometimes started the question that had circle geo in it or my favourite topics to get a confidence booster and I reckon the mental advantage helps a bit

circle geo has been removed from syllabus :(
That's sad it was actually some nice marks that you can obtain from reading time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)