Any advice will be appreciated!!!! (1 Viewer)

roasted

HSC
My problem is that I am not sure as to whether if I should drop chemistry or not.
My marks are terribly bad, 20%-50% range :/
Is there a chance for me to still improve? Will getting a tutor help me?
If I drop it then I'll have 10units, should I drop it so I can focus more on my other weak subject(mathematics)?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
To get better advice, do provide a little more relevant info:

- about your school

- your overall ability (how you are faring in your other subjects)

- your take on why you are not doing well in your chemistry

. you find it difficult to understand
. you have a bad teacher
. you are approaching it the wrong way
. etc etc

At the moment, instead of contemplating dropping Chemistry, you should concentrate on giving it your best efforts. Perhaps you don't quite know where to start. Getting a good tutor should help; in your case preferably a 1-on-1 tutor.

Last edited:

roasted

HSC
like rank? 140+
im doing quite well in my other 4 subjects except for math(which I'm trying to improve) and chemistry
I just don't really get how to do the calculations(harder questions, stoichiometric, volume and enthalpy change and everytime I forget how to do it :L
Should I try to keep it then drop it if I really need to in the future?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
You have a lot of time left during the year to drop it. Hell, if you have at least 12 units you can drop it before your trials if you're doing bad.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I'm not qualified to advise you in Chemistry.

It is a great relief you are doing quite well in your other 4 subjects. Your weakness in maths also leads to your weakness in stoichiometry. You need to beef up your maths. Now, because you have not volunteered this info, I have to now ask you: what maths are you doing? 2U or General??

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on your determination to improve in chemistry, if you are not determined, no one can help you, not even a tutor-unless chemistry is an assumed subject for a course you are interested in university, and you don't really like it, then drop it, otherwise get a tutor, work your ass off, and you might see around 30% increase in marks or more if you work really hard, whether that is worth it is up to your own evaluation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)