Any advices for preparing for Industrial Design in UTS ?? (1 Viewer)

Dlee

HSC
Hello. I'm becoming yr 12 next year and I have recently decided to plan to do industrial design in UTS (just my future planning)..

I wanted to to do Architectures before, but after skimming over the core structures of architectures in universities, i just changed my mind to do industrial design as i think this course is more interesting and so on. ><

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if there is any relevant preparation for Industrial design in uni.

I dont mean like portfolio or stuff for getting into the actual course..
I mean such as practising hand-drawing skills or reading design megazines to get some detailed concept of industrial desing or so on.. or something like this. :uhhuh: If something like these are needed to catch up with the course later on, i might do it. Because I heard that industrial design in Uni is really really!! hard and need extremely long hrs to complete a project....

so, it'd be pleasure to have any advices or recomendations from current students or graduates :D or experts ><

thanks for reading .. :)

utsengage

HSC
N/A
Advice from a UTS expert:

Hand drawing is always a great skill to develop for any creative endeavour including industrial design. Other skills including making things, anything: this is to develop an understanding of 3D form and how materials perform in different situations.

Hope that's helpful - all the best with your ongoing studies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)