any business first years here? (1 Viewer)

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
i know nobody :( yay for coming from a school where a majority go to early entry in bachelor of wine business at university of bumfuck nowhere

Last edited:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
sup fellow UTS-business students.
haha
you guys got your textbooks yet??

zer.0.ne

HSC
Hey u people doin B Business?.. what textbooks lol.. i havn't been told to get any yet lol.. im so lost haha i assumed they would tell us what to get during the first week when we start our lectures :S

thanhrox

HSC
Hey u people doin B Business?.. what textbooks lol.. i havn't been told to get any yet lol.. im so lost haha i assumed they would tell us what to get during the first week when we start our lectures :S

you got to go to Co-op and ask for the list and bring your subject codes
they'll list for you the textbooks you need for each subjects =)

and i know no one! yippee! i checked the offers for main rounds this year and OMG - there's 522 of us this year

amaccas

HSC
N/A
Howdy

I'm studying business this year. Nice to meet you all. Good luck everyone!

Is everyone doing MPO, marketing and economics for business this semester?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Howdy

I'm studying business this year. Nice to meet you all. Good luck everyone!

Is everyone doing MPO, marketing and economics for business this semester?
Hey macca :)
Yeah all 1st yr business students do MPO, marketing, eco & accounting.

KGB!

HSC
Hi fellow Business students. I'm also starting business and law this year too! About the textbooks, are we recommended to purchase them after we attended a few lectures and tutorials because the lecturers and tutors will tell us which specific texts we need?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
You can survive the first 1 or maybe even two weeks with out the books. However i warn you the lines for the coop book shop at this time of the semester are huge. They have a hired bouncer, it feels like i am trying to get into a club or something.

layzeehbum

HSC
you got to go to Co-op and ask for the list and bring your subject codes
they'll list for you the textbooks you need for each subjects =)

and i know no one! yippee! i checked the offers for main rounds this year and OMG - there's 522 of us this year
or you can just go 2 the co-op website and go to the text list search... and enter the subject codes...
meh so im gonna spend almost 1k per year huh on txtbuks...
man im gonna b broke....

yea its scary that there's 500s of us doing business. but there mite be more since internationals are not counted in that figure...
business is just way 2 popular....

layzeehbum

HSC
Hi fellow Business students. I'm also starting business and law this year too! About the textbooks, are we recommended to purchase them after we attended a few lectures and tutorials because the lecturers and tutors will tell us which specific texts we need?
yes or you can check them @ the co-op website ^^

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
There might be an issue with second hand books if you want to claim a tax deduction for your purchases. Especially if you buy it from another person.

This is a good site however for students to buy second hand books from other people, and you can list your own as well. It was free last time i used it (about 1.5 years ago though)
Textbook Exchange - Welcome to Australia's largest second hand textbook site

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I personally think the best thing to do is buy the books new, claim tax deduction and then sell it off to the next person.

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Hey everyone...

im doing business with biotech, so i got business law and ethics and accounting for business this semester :)

KGB!

HSC
Oh my! Four of my books already cost $500. Talk about ripping students off. They should offer us alternatives instead of purchasing books as the only method of teaching us, especially because we only use the textbooks for only 14 weeks.

thanhrox

HSC
I personally think the best thing to do is buy the books new, claim tax deduction and then sell it off to the next person.

hey, about the tax deduction thing, i dont get it

could you explain to me how it works because i'm weighing between second hand and new and i dont know much about the tax deductions =S

cheers

layzeehbum

HSC
hey, about the tax deduction thing, i dont get it

could you explain to me how it works because i'm weighing between second hand and new and i dont know much about the tax deductions =S

cheers
i thought u can only claim the tax deductions thing if you're working? so like you pay less tax... sumting like dat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)