Any 'cheat' ways to get a high atar? (1 Viewer)

jimjam789

HSC
Recently I came across a TikTok where the guy said he took the SAT (regarded as easier than the HSC) and got an interview offer for medicine after converting his SAT score to ATAR. Is this a valid way of getting a high atar? Any other methods?

Last edited:

mmmm.

HSC
Not sure about the cheat way you saw on tiktok. But I do know a couple of people who used tutors during periods when assignments were due for english to essentially write an essay for them which they submitted and got 18/20 and so it boosted their English rank.

AKONS

HSC
Not sure about the cheat way you saw on tiktok. But I do know a couple of people who used tutors during periods when assignments were due for english to essentially write an essay for them which they submitted and got 18/20 and so it boosted their English rank.
Wouldn't advise this method. In my junior years (didn't count for anything and was before HSC) I didn't outright get tutors to write my essays but they helped a lot. This was a terrible strategy. I learnt almost nothing on how to write essays or answer comprehension questions. This last year has felt like catching up on 6 years worth of English skills in one.

If you don't actually write your assignments, and get that feedback, the benefits to your internals are far outweighed by your relative bombing of your externals in my opinion.

icycledough

HSC
Honestly, the HSC is a year long grind (most basic analogy is to treat it like a marathon, not a sprint, as many people would have said) ... prepping for a marathon requires hours of dedication in gruelling conditions (exactly like how Year 12 will be for you). Success is achieved through hard work and consistency, not through any 'magical' or 'cheat' ways.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Recently I came across a TikTok where the guy said he took the SAT (regarded as easier than the HSC) and got an interview offer for medicine after converting his SAT score to ATAR. Is this a valid way of getting a high atar? Any other methods?
there's no effective cheat methods to a high atar, it simply takes hard work. it's a bad mentality if you're thinking of ways to scam your way to success, the tactics rarely ever work

also the guy in the tiktok didn't cheat to get a high atar, isn't the SAT just the US version of the HSC or something? if you sit yr12 exams in other countries then your results get "converted" to an Australian atar equivalent which you can use to get into uni here. ik a girl whose overseas results were equivalent to a 99.95 atar lol, idk how that works but she must've done really really well then. basically tiktok guy didn't cheat you took the wrong message away from that

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
ohhh I just saw the part about SAT being easier than HSC. that still doesn't make it cheating imo, obviously some countries are gonna have easier or harder yr12 exams than Australia, that's why the results get scaled into a fitting atar

icycledough

HSC
Also consider that if someone were to do this, they would have to spend however long is needed in the US, so there would be additional expenses to pay on top of the education program (if these exams don't run online, which I'm assuming wouldn't be the base).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)