any clubbers out there...whats with dance music these days??? (1 Viewer)

Spirits

HSC
N/A
Has anybody else noticed the dreary disco driven house music they play at clubs these days? Whatever happened to the cool dance music?? One of the best clubbing moments was when the dj spun an epic trance anthem and the place totally went off! There doesn't seem to be much of this in Sydney at the moment. Its all this lalalala house music. Even Sublime is weird these days. But don't worry, quite a few up and coming djs on the Sydney club scene are gonna start spinning more transcendent stuff. Hopefully by next year trance will once again be the most popular type of dance music on the Sydney clubbing scene.

HSC
alot of people (ie. mainstream) prefer house over dance. there are some nightclubs that play specific types of music like hard house, club (nick skitz, alex k etc). not sure of where they are i know of their existance around the whole inner suburbs area

i cant wait !

Spirits

HSC
N/A
House is a TYPE of dance music. House used to be the most popular type of dance music (like in the 80s and stuff) and then Trance took over in the late 90s. Now it seems that House has taken over again. However, a lot of people seem disgruntled about this, so I think it is only a matter of time before trance takes the title back.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
Casmira said:
alot of people (ie. mainstream) prefer house over dance. there are some nightclubs that play specific types of music like hard house, club (nick skitz, alex k etc). not sure of where they are i know of their existance around the whole inner suburbs area

i cant wait !
hey cas alex k generally plays in the city.do you like his kind of music???

HSC
Spirits said:
House is a TYPE of dance music. House used to be the most popular type of dance music (like in the 80s and stuff) and then Trance took over in the late 90s. Now it seems that House has taken over again. However, a lot of people seem disgruntled about this, so I think it is only a matter of time before trance takes the title back.
vocal trance (raindrops, stereophonics, etc.) is already taking over
Reshie said:
hey cas alex k generally plays in the city.do you like his kind of music???
yep i love his shit, im sure alex k moved to uk?

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
has he?pfft i wouldnt have a clue.
are you going to transmission city???

check out www.djzilch.com
and tell me what you think of him,you can download heaps of free mix tapes...

ricometa

HSC
yerrr guys alex k moved to uk for a while but i believe he is bak in australia.
ummm yerr the dance scene has got alot of commerial trance (hands up musik)
easy listening tunes
artists like
base attack
cascada
the real booty babes
bass-t
disckheads...
all these unknown artistnot from australia.

but yerr thats what nick skitz is palying mainly, commerial stuff
even his new skitzmix album is filled wif commerial stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)