• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any effect on workload in 1st year engineering? (1 Viewer)

Stan..

HSC
I was just wondering if doing engineering studies reduces the workload of engineering in the first year?

On another note; Where can you get Yr11 engineering studies notes, guides and sample questions?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Sorry about the late reply, my email backlog is insane.

It depends on which Engineering you want to do at uni. Doing Software Engineering it dosen't help at all. But a friend of mine doing Civil talks about what is in his cause, and it is mostly things from Yr11/12 Eng Studies.

As to resources, try the BoS website.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Unless you've got experience from outside school, I think doing Engineering Studies will give you an introduction into the sort of things that will be looked at in a uni course.

I did Engineering studies all year 11 and am doing it all year 12 too.

I started the course with like no prior knowledge, but I now understand the basic concepts.

I'm planning to do Mechanical Engineering at uni, and find that Engineering Studies would be the course with highest priority after Maths and Physics

Chosta

Sydney
HSC
most uni's cover the same stuff, and engineering studies only cover mechanical/mechatronics/biomed/aero and all other mechanics fields (excl chem elec).

im doing 2nd engineering and i fall asleep listening to stuff i heard in year 12 eng.st . So its a big help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)