Any English&modern history tutors in Chatswood and northern beaches areas? (1 Viewer)

Tao~te

HSC
hello im desperately looking for a tutor in advanced English and Modern History.
Modules in eng: yeats poety, bnw/bladerunner, antony&cleopatra,physical journeys(lionheart)
In modern hist: WW1, Germany, Indochina.

If someone has the capability in tutoring the above topics, plz pm me! Im struggling like hell!

Cheers all

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
I might be able to help...

Hi,

I might be able to help you out.

My name is Bill and my details are as follows:

1993 HSC 99.20 TER
1998 B.A. LL.B. (UNSW)
currently working as a Senior Associate at a CBD law firm

For my HSC I did 3U Modern History including WWI, Germany between the wars and Conflict in Indochina. I also did 2U advanced English including Antony & Cleopatra.

A long time ago I won a history prize at the end of Year 11, so I have some interesting texts I may be able to lend you if I can find them. I also have an abiding interest in Hitler's rise to power and have recently finished reading (in my own time and just for fun) two books, one comparing his leadership style with that of Churchill and the other examining his life between 1918 and 1933.

Having done well in the HSC and at university myself, I should be able to help you with essay structure, exam technique and a range of other skills.

I used to tutor extensively when I was at university (including HSC level maths, english and economics) but I haven't taken on any students for about five years now. I don't think that will be a problem, but I am prepared to offer you an introductory period so you can find out if you think I will be able to help you.

If we were to work together ongoing, I'd propose two hours a week if you can fit it in - one for English, one for Modern History. I'm available Monday and Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. If those times don't suit you, please contact me to discuss alternate arrangements.

To start off, I'd like to take an hour to find out from you (and your parents if you and/or they are interested) what your particular goals are and so that I can get an idea of your current level. I would meet with you for free for that first hour and then the first actual tutoring hours of English and Modern History I would charge you only $30/ hour.

If you are happy with me after those three sessions (i.e. 1 general introduction, 1 English and 1 Modern History), then we can confirm a figure for ongoing tuition. I should indicate to you now I would be looking at charging $45-$50 per hour, depending on where you are located and how far I would have to travel to get to you.

I hope all the above helps and answers some of your preliminary questions. If you are interested in having me as your tutor, you can ring me on 0409 770027.

Regards

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)