Any evo fans? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oops my mistake. Forgot about that. But then I still don't seem to understand the whole point of that exercise in terms of real-life or practical application?

Jiga

It was a stupid test, of course if you start in 5th from a low speed the Evo wont do to well, its Turbo isnt even going to be doing anything, it needs high RPM... all that test showed is that the straight 2L engine of the Evo couldnt beat whatever car it raced, which is just common sense because starting at such a high gear means you are relying on having alot of torque, a 2L engine doesnt esp when its designed to run normally with a Turbo.

macoboi

HSC
like i said, i just think they *needed* to find a fault. Top gear is like that, even if they love a car, they'll mention its bad points as well.

Lucky for mitsubishi, the bad point of the EVO isn't appliccable in the real world.

H

housemouse

Too bad there are too many evo fans who are go out to all the trouble trying to make a normal Lancer look like a evo which includes adding a body kit, changing the exhaust pipe, etc. They sure like riced up cars.

macoboi

HSC
Yeah, its so annoying, every second lance rhas an EVO kit of some description.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I disagree.. there are a lot of Lancers out there with kits, but not all of them aspire to look like an Evo. That's like assuming that because someone has an Impreza with a kit, that they are wannabe-WRX.

macoboi

HSC
seremify007 said:
I disagree.. there are a lot of Lancers out there with kits, but not all of them aspire to look like an Evo. That's like assuming that because someone has an Impreza with a kit, that they are wannabe-WRX.
But when they have the EVO kit, you'd assume thats what the owner wants it to look like?

Jiga

^

Yeah its prity obvious the ones trying to imitate an Evo.... personally I dont know why people bother doing up piss weak cars with kits and exhausts etc.

H

housemouse

macoboi said:
But when they have the EVO kit, you'd assume thats what the owner wants it to look like?
hahahahaha
What else could they be trying to look like?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Evo kit is one thing- but not all cars which are done up with body kits are necessarily wannabes of the performance models.

I mean.. a Holden Barina with a body kit (i'm talking the new model here) is still a Barina.

macoboi

HSC
housemouse said:
hahahahaha
What else could they be trying to look like?
LOL, i actually spoke to someone with an evo-kitted lancer, and he told me i had it all wrong. He wasn't imitating the EVO, he was paying homage to it.

i think fitting a 4G63T would be a better homae to the evo

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
seremify007 said:
When people say rally cars... I'm under the distinct impression that the Evo9 you buy from Mitsubishi =/= the rally car used in the rallies... isn't the consumer model supposed to be somewhat more reliable for normal usage (and compliance with ADR?) and have the normal creature comforts (eg. air cond)..? IIRC, my cousin's evo7 came with air cond.
Yeah, the evos, for the most part, does have most of the performance features that a rally evo would have, due to ADR compliance.
There's 3 versions of the evo, one is the base model, the other is its top-of-the-line performance model. And then you got a special model, with all of the performance features minus the luxury, which is designed for the pure motoring enthusiast. I think its called the EVO IX RX or something like that..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you know which Evo we get in Australia? After reading around on the net, it seems that in other countries, there are multiple specs of Evos... is that what you're talking about with the "Evo IX RX"? I thought it had numbers in the special designation... *shrugs*

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
evo's past vi are not that good..whilist evo's before V are illeagal on australian roads. The best evo is the IV. Its not all about the hp, its about the weight and the rally parts. I feel that these late evo's have lost their orginal purpose for rally and seem more just focusin on makin easy money with the name.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But they look oh so good! >_> It's not like 99% of buyers will make use of the Evo's abilities in Australia (well not on a track).

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
I would go track the day i get an evo... "unn double d" drifting.

how come theres no D1 evo's? ARHH

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Saw a black Evo IX today in city.. looked quite nice with the rear vortex generator.. number plate was like EVO 09N or something. But hot nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)