any good importers round? (1 Viewer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i was browsing the net for any aussie importers of EVO engines, and found an adelaide group that could probably get me an EVO V engine w/approx 230kW for $5800. thats not too bad, since i could rent a ute for two days and spend about $500 to get it installed, but that racks up to about $6.5K minimum which doesnt sound too appealing to a car that has only costed me $2K.

so i tried looking for older EVO engines, preferrably III/IV but nothing is coming up. who said google is everything?

does anyone know of a good importer that could get one cheap? and dont direct me to greenacre/fairfield wreckers. i know half of them and they'd rip you off in a heartbeat. got quoted $50 for the seatbelt off one of them :mad1:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/

they might have some that could be imported.

but to be honest, putting an EVO engine into another car is pretty lame. why make a car something its not?

if you want an evo, get an evo. otherwise get something else

Last edited:

Jiga

I dont think its lame, but its alot of money to put into a car... and cars AERNT investments, its dead money, especially when you do modifications cos you never get that money back... personally thats why I limiy any mods, cant say Id ever put $5k in

That aside wouldnt there be heaps of issues getting an Evo engine AND manual transmission into another car. I dont know heaps, but engine/trans mounts are the first thing that comes to mind, then other basic things like you need an Evo ECU which wouldnt be cheap, and there in lies some electrical probs with other parts of the car, Im sure if I think about it more there are many more issues as well axels etc... $500 installed seems optimisitc

Last edited by a moderator:

stephenchow

HSC
This is a whole new level for evo imitations. It used to be just evo body kits on lancers, now their replacing the engine as well. Next thing, they might replace the chasis as well. (assuming this is about putting an evo engine in a lancer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
a whole new level? dude, get a grip. this is alot better than a lousy bodykit, otherwise i would have put the bodykit. i like the look, but dont want to go to both ends of a bump just to go over it. and at least when an officer drives past me he isnt going to know, and neither is that unsuspecting turbo GTS-t.

i had gotten an original quote by a guy that works on imported cars of $3K on an evo 3, but he wouldnt work on mine cos it isnt imported. and i am keeping the FWD/Manual trans so all i would need to make it move would be the computer, which i had assumed would come with the motor, but it seems i would have to pay for that seperately.

i'm not in a huge hurry to buy it. i am delaying slightly just in case i find an evo 3 or greater for 6K or less without too much mileage. i want an evo. its just that i dont want to spend too much yet. and this is the closest/cheapest thing to owning an evo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)