any good related texts for romulus, my father? (1 Viewer)

sam_i_am_1095

HSC
i have some basic ideas for related texts, and was hoping to analyse them over the holidays before school starts.
most of the texts that i've collected however are more general belonging ones and don't relate to rmf as well as i'd like to in order for the comparison to be successful.
does anyone know any good related texts for romulus my father particularly?
please help! thank you muchly :smile:

DamTameNaken

HSC
Kafka on the Shore is good. If you read it I can PM you my quote list/scaffold.

But how similar the text is to RMF shouldn't matter. If you find similarities you say 'therefore this theme is universal to finding a sense of belonging' if you find differences you say 'this shows that there are a variety of ways to finding a sense of belonging' and both of these arguments are just as valid.

sam_i_am_1095

HSC
ok, thanks that would be great! i'm also looking at some poems and maybe films, just not sure which would be best?

blieu

HSC
I used 'The Rabbits' by Shaun Tan and some other dude (forgot his name); it's a picture book and if you utilise it properly, you can get a pretty good mark.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I used texts pretty different to Romulus.

Mary+Max as my main one, a news article called "Grassskirts revolution" as a secondary and I had a third called "Never Let Me Go" but it didn't really mesh well with Romulus as I did it as a portfolio piece. Also I don't advise using novel-novel, I did for Mod C and it felt like I was using the same techniques and I think it was my weakest module (although the novel did mesh super well in conflicting perspectives, The Slap). I think it is often better to use like fim-novel, novel-news article etc. to show a greater depth and perception of texts.

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Talk about isolation, cultural homogeneity.
Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood. Talk about anything.

hubbakeechibaba

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if it isn't too much trouble can you give me the quote list/scaffold too please?
If not that's okay but I'd really appreciate it :)

5starwannabe

HSC
helloooo would it be possible if you could PM me your resources as well too? would be greatly appreciated :)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I used Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream". Little overdone, but it won't stop you from getting a solid Band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)