Any guidance? (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Briefly explain the impact on global trade flows of EITHER one contemporary trading bloc OR one international organisation.

I'm not to sure what I'd write. Any help would be appreciated

The IMF how they provide funding to developing countries, boosting production levels ...

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
IMF is a perfect example that can link well with exchange rates and emergency intervention with the recent COVID-19 "recession" but funding wouldn't be correct since that is more so the job of the World Bank to fund development projects. Since this is global trade flows, the question ideally wants you to connect with the whole globalisation topic, whereby you can include your case study which I assume would have IMF intervention with a policy to guide monetary policy in one country, for example, a limit on the selling of government bonds (links with topic 4). Apart from a paragraph on exchange rates, you can dedicate another to managing external stability and balance of payments of another nation and a last paragraph on the complementary action with the WTO, since both work hand-in-hand.

However, this question is a little too specific and most likely will not be asked in the HSC with my current knowledge, someone could possibly chip in if I missed anything. Though, if asked, you can use the structure said above, generally summarised into IMF impact on exchange rate/monetary policy of case study/other nations -> balance of payments/external stability of other nations -> complementary actions with WTO with other nations.
It was a 3 mark question from 2009 HSC, so I think still in syllabus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)