Any help will be greatly appreciated XD - yr 11 phyz magnets (1 Viewer)

Azaan

HSC
- yr 11 phyz magnets - and now wAvEs lol hav a look

hey guyz, i srsly got no idea on how to answer this question. srsly is it normal to get an assignment on a topic which you have just started, and better yet have it due b4 u have gone 1 week into the topic ? ah well i aint complaing XD
haha nywayz ny help on this question will be greatly appreciated. :wave:

Identical magnetic fields can be shown to exist around a permanent bar magnet made of steel, and a current bearing solenoid whose wires are made of ( non magnetic ) copper. This would seem to suggest that there are two different magnetism in nature, with entirely different sources. Critically analyse this view
lol wtf hahah dun know lost like a penguin in the desert =D

SCROLL down i gotta wave question, thankz to those that answered, i got thiz magnet question all aced.....

nywayz ye chek below WwAaVvEeSs question XD

Last edited:
HSC
Azaan said:
hey guyz, i srsly got no idea on how to answer this question. srsly is it normal to get an assignment on a topic which you have just started, and better yet have it due b4 u have gone 1 week into the topic ? ah well i aint complaing XD
haha nywayz ny help on this question will be greatly appreciated. :wave:

Identical magnetic fields can be shown to exist around a permanent bar magnet made of steel, and a current bearing solenoid whose wires are made of ( non magnetic ) copper. This would seem to suggest that there are two different magnetism in nature, with entirely different sources. Critically analyse this view
lol wtf hahah dun know lost like a penguin in the desert =D

btw. dun need a long answer, just a small tipz on how to tackle this mofo thankz =))):)

i dun realli understand the question........but what i think is happening is that:
there is a solinoid with induced current and therefore making an magnetic field....this can b confirmed by the right and grip rule
and this will hav the same magnetic field properties as any other "normal" permanent bar magnet

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
THe question is abit retarded but here is what i think

The bar magnet produces a magnetic field with no electricity. The solenoid (the copper coil) produces a magnetic field with current travelling through it. This show that "there are two magnetism in nature", one from current passing through a coil and one from magnetic materials (iron etc). Explain why this isnt or is the case.

Try using the fact that electricity can also produce a electric field. Havent study this topic yet, this is all i can do

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lol i like the penguin in a desert part...

this feels more like a uni phys question to me...
electric field and magnetic field are self complimentary... changing electric field can generate magnetic field and changing magnetic field can generate electric field...

the magnetic field observed in the first case is when you have unpaired electrons, spinning generallly in one direciton, hence creating a permantent magnet.... the 2nd case is when you have the moving charge generating a electromagnet...

overall, they are the same thing... just the fact that the principle are applied in a different sense, you get different results (permanent magnet or electromagnet)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
i dun realli understand the question........but what i think is happening is that:
there is a solinoid with induced current and therefore making an magnetic field....this can b confirmed by the right and grip rule
and this will hav the same magnetic field properties as any other "normal" permanent bar magnet
Induced currents or voltages only occur when there is a change in magnetic flux per change in time period, noted by V = - ΔΦ/Δt ...
Φ is the unit for magnetic flux, or magnetic field cutting through a certain area (Φ = BA) ... I'm sure you have heard of this before.

"and this will hav the same magnetic field properties as any other "normal" permanent bar magnet"

Yes,
All magnetic fields have field lines.
All magnetic field lines point from south to north.
Whether they are permanent magnets, electromagnets or anything that produces a magnetic field.

"an magnetic field"
You use "an" only when the next word starts with a vowel (A E I O U)
e.g an apple, an epidemic, an umbrella.
otherwise you use a when the next word starts with a consonant (not vowels), so it's a magnetic field.

and as xiao1985 sez below..

xiao1985 said:
lol i like the penguin in a desert part...

this feels more like a uni phys question to me...
electric field and magnetic field are self complimentary... changing electric field can generate magnetic field and changing magnetic field can generate electric field...

the magnetic field observed in the first case is when you have unpaired electrons, spinning generallly in one direciton, hence creating a permantent magnet.... the 2nd case is when you have the moving charge generating a electromagnet...

overall, they are the same thing... just the fact that the principle are applied in a different sense, you get different results (permanent magnet or electromagnet)

Last edited:

Azaan

HSC
ah k thankz for the info guyz,......lmao dun know nothin bout magnets so im still lost, but ye ill take what u guyz have said and try make sense out of it....thankz for ya help n time :)

lol and sorri guyz i juz found anoda bitch of a question XD
but it realli onli requires 1 line answers

A Longitudinal wave is set up in a slinky spring. Predict what will happen to the speed of the wave if:

a) the slinky is stretched further
b) a heavier string with the same tension is used
c) A transverse is used instead of a longitudinal

my reasonin goes as follow -
a) Velocity would increase due to increase in wavelength, not sure about frequency changing? doubt it

b) Using the force = mass x acceleration to account for the change of mass, and then assuming the amount of the force applied will be constant, the speed of the longitudinal wave will increase? dun know pplz sayin that i shouldnt put motion into it....so ur thoughtz be nice

c)Would not alter the result? considering the amount of energy applied to the wave is constant...onli diff between longitudinal waves and transverse waves is the terminology and where they occur right? so speed, frequency, wavelength same principles could be applied?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)