• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any Help Will Do! (1 Viewer)

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
hey everyone.
this is my first thing so forgive me for the not knowing what to do..

does anyone have any words of advice they can share with me on how to get through this last year without wanting to cry every night, and still achieve a good hsc lol (i dont actually cry every night, but it has happened once or twice lol)

i am doing business studies, legal studies, adv english, mathematics, geo, and IPT and everytime i think about the HSC and my pending assessments, i go into a mad stress and think about the final tests lol..
in short i just need some ways to prep for assessment, make good study notes, do well in tests, and not stress lol

so as the title says 'any help will do'

thanks

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
You'll find 092374923801938091238901381203892183012830918230912
threads asking the exact same thing you're asking on this forum..

have a look at
'tips for 07-er's ' or something with a similar title on the 'General discussion on the 2007 HSC ' forum thing :)
we're all goign through the same boat...
except that i dont cry.. and havent cried..
over school in a very long time..
It's not worth it
:)
take it one step at a time :)
and just browse through the 'community'...
theres other threads with02139123091203p219 replies...

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Balance school and social commitments. Don't favour one over the other. You should be fine if you make good quality use of your time. Look around on BoS, there are many time management, study and exam preparation threads that'll help you along the way. Don't stress, the HSC isn't the end of the world, so take time out along the way to have a bit of fun, year 12 should be great if you manage to balance it well.

Good luck with the HSC :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
nichhhole said:
You'll find 092374923801938091238901381203892183012830918230912
threads asking the exact same thing you're asking on this forum..

take it one step at a time :)
and just browse through the 'community'...
theres other threads with02139123091203p219 replies...
i second that.

help for subjects can be found in resource section of BOS, if academia is the thing tripping u up. u can also post specific questions in the relevant forums and provided u ask them nicely, u'll most probably get an answer.

good luck.

HSC
just remember that u r in the same boat as thousands of other students, so don't feel isolated

go to ur freinds, teachers and parents for help, thats wat they are there for, to guide u thru the year and help u cope with the workload

as already mentioned, balance is essential, without it u probably won't do as well

try and make ur work interesting as to motivate urself, so it is easier to study, remember that the hsc isn't the be all, end all, yes it is important that u do ur best, but it isn't worth dying over so don't get to worked up

do sumfing to relieve ur stress, i recommend sport or music, thrashing away at a ball all ur guitar helps get rid of any unecessary energy that may hinder u

hsc is a test of ur knowledge, don't look at it as a burden, but rather a challenge that can and will be overcome

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i made the greatest discovery regarding this.

thinking about your hsc is pointless. it is there you are here.

just think about what's ahead of you - the h/w you've got to hand in tomorrow, the assessment you have next week.

stay in the present, dont wander too far, then you get scared, and panic and nothing gets done...

like others have said, the most important thing is to take it one step at a time.

L

littlewing69

Do what works.

Or be a chest-beating academic jock such as myself who would get fired up about the possibility of being beaten in a test.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
*awaits Bookie's ultimate guide*

Plan for the short\long term. Your clearly stressing because you feel you are not prepared, don't know the work, it's all to much etc. This can be resolved through planning and time management.

Anyone can succeed and succeed well at the HSC it just takes a little hard work and dedication.

There is no point mindlessly stressing and worrying about what is to come when you still have so much left to do. If you make the HSC to be the be all to end all then it will be but if you treat it with significance but don't get to much caught up in all the hype then anything is possible.

Good luck with your HSC. :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Look at what you want to do, see what you need. Then realise that it isn't that hard at all and that the Uni will accept you even if you don't have 20 or 30 points over the cutoff mark.

That's what i did.

EDIT: Oh, LOL YOU CRIED.

(And please, before people jump on my back about this - it was a joke.)

Last edited:

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
ok well i probably now look like a loser..
and truth be told i havent cried, but used that to add emphasis to my point... that school is hard lol

but thanks heaps for all the tips, should help a fair bit....

cupcake08

HSC
azz369963 said:
ok well i probably now look like a loser..
and truth be told i havent cried, but used that to add emphasis to my point... that school is hard lol

but thanks heaps for all the tips, should help a fair bit....
aww you don't look like a loser! don't worry there have been phases where i have been really down as well (although not to the point of crying myself to sleep every night) :) you just have to keep going, theres only 9 months and you'll never have to work as hard again in your life (well you probably will but we can kid ourselves cant we)

Sofstar

HSC
If thousands of other have come before us, there is no reason why we can't do it too!
Do your work so you feel that you're on top of everything. Laugh alot cuz that gets you through everything and talk to other Yr 12ers. :) Drink tea.

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
what's wrong with crying?.... I cry about it..!
But mostly I have decided not to stress about it... there are other ways to get places in life than just having a good UAI. And it's our last year of school!!! so enjoy it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)