Any hope? (1 Viewer)

carreau

HSC
You guys must be sick and tired of giving UAI estimates..

I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for hope instead heh..

My subjects and the mean for each within my assessment percentage should be ..
Legal studies ( assessment average should be around 75+ )
Adv English ( ahhh ... probably around the 60's... although that's placed me in the middle of the year )
Gen maths ( 74 ish )
SoR1U (70 ish)
P.D.H.P.E (70ish)
Modern History 70-80 ish

Now.. I'm curious.. I have 8+ weeks or so till my HSC.. I know I have it in me to get close to 98+ in all my subjects in the HSC if I put my head down and actually do work.. My natural ability is my downfall, because, It makes me lazy..

So the main point to all of this is.. Do I still have any hope of getting a UAI in the mid 80's If I can pull band 6's off for all of my subjects in the HSC?

Lend any inspirational HSC stories you have too.. I really need it.. Because I don't want to bust me ass off, get the marks, e.g all band 6's and then see a UAI of 60 or 70...

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
hell yes....if u get 98+ for all ur subjects in the external....bear in mind the external is worth half the hsc....if u do extremely well in ur final external hsc it doesnt really matter what u get for ur internal

bambii

HSC
hsc mark= 50%assessment + 50%external
so if ur assessment mark is 70% and ur external is 98%
hsc mark= 35 + 49 = 84%
and ur assessment mark would be moderated to a higher mark too, so it would go even higher...thats wat i tink happens... but yeh im in da same position so i hope thats right!!!!!!!! if it is course u can....bt get studyin ;)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
bambii said:
hsc mark= 50%assessment + 50%external
so if ur assessment mark is 70% and ur external is 98%
hsc mark= 35 + 49 = 84%
and ur assessment mark would be moderated to a higher mark too, so it would go even higher...thats wat i tink happens... but yeh im in da same position so i hope thats right!!!!!!!! if it is course u can....bt get studyin ;)
it can get moderated to a lower mark if your ranking and overall grades performance in the external are low. Sure you would keep an external mark of 98......but yeah

carreau

HSC
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm much more confident now. See you all in the end, hopefully I'll be in the high 80's =D

{*(00)*}

HSC
what do you think would happen if you got 50- ish in all ur assessments at school but totally kicked ass in the HSC (i mean like >95!)?

{*(00)*}

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Depends on your ranks.
okay say ur always 2nd or 3rd in ur grade and you attend the crappiest school ever.

Last edited:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
there are people who average like 40% in subjects like Maths extension and stuff but still get uais of 95+ ....really it all depends on what your ranking in the internal assessments are...

Mystirica

HSC
Well. This might be 'inspirational' I was flipping through a book called Science of Student Sucess in the school library and it had lots of 'inspirational' and 'true stories' of students getting 98+ in the HSC. There was a story about a girl called Aileen who missed out five whole months of her final year due to some illness. She came back to school to do her trials and 'crashed and burned'. She was only able to start working in August, after she recovered from her illness and while her teachers and parents advised her not to set her sights too high, through 'sheer hard work, determination, and guts, she got a mark better than most people would dream of': 99.10

She might have received some sort of leniency from the Board since she lost 78 days of school due to her illness, but I think more importantly, the message is, as cliched as it sounds, nothing is impossible. It's not even too late half way through your final year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)