any one going to presentation ceremony?! (1 Viewer)

Jase

HSC
we all probably know each other in some vague way or another..
but everyone knows mike..haha

I did the um.. firewalking presentation.

who might you be?

nit

HSC
Hmm, I didn't do TSP this semester, though I initially started off doing the "fighting infections in burns victims" topic. I'll probably take up TSP later when more personalised activities can be organised. What subjects do you do?

nit

HSC
Hmm ok, I do math1902/1903, phys1902, chem 1903, biol1001 - that's a fair few subjects in common there...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ahhhhhhhh fire walking...
that presentation is most interesting...
i'd expect u guys gettin full marks =)

tho i think u guys contained slightly too much triviality... the scientific side has being overshadowed... but definitely fun

jase, where u speaking?!

SeDaTeD

HSC
Howdy Jase! Hehe, u get a special tree and when u burn it it emits heat at like... room temperature. hahaha classic!
Little disappointed with the low turnout though. Oh and Xiao if u didn't know yet, I was in the first group to present. Oh and free beer! :d

envy87

HSC
xiao1985 said:
tho i think u guys contained slightly too much triviality... the scientific side has being overshadowed... but definitely fun
there's only so long that you can go on about thermal conductivity and heat capacity.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
envy87 said:
there's only so long that you can go on about thermal conductivity and heat capacity.
true... =p

@sedated: soz, don't ring any bell...

OHHHHHHHHHHH i rmber now... the one abt how using mathematcial model to predict fire like wheather?! =p

i rmber now... were u the indian dude?! or the chinky dude?!

u know how there's a q at the end saying the accuracy?!
i think that question can be dealt by saying "even wheather is a complciated non linear system... and by heisenburg's uncertainty principle, u can't really guess sth to 100% precision... prediction will worsen over time... =)
man that tsp presentation is sooooo cool... shud have went last yr... they did water last yr, n alot of my fwnds were in it =(

@envy 87: were u in firewalk team?!?!?! ^^

SeDaTeD

HSC
I'm the chinky dude haha, as my avatar probably suggests. And well, with answering the q using heisenburg's uncertainty principle, that wouldn't get past the academics who'd be able to see that we're just trying to sound smart if we did so.
We did stress that our model was only a very basic one, and made no guarantees that it will actually model bushfire spread. However it gives good signs that using CA could be a viaable option to do so.

Jase

HSC
i wonder who you are...

my deductive skills aren't half as good as xiao's. hehe.

does your name begin with L, K, B, N, T or C?

xiao: um.. i was the tool wearing the red jumper (i.e. the asian one)

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ sedated: yeh but still... nonlinearility can be a good counter arguement =p just saying...
but i liked ur presentation... using mathematics to model bushfire... LOVING IT ^^

@jase: soz, really don't ring ne bell =( =p

envy87

HSC
Jase said:
i wonder who you are...

xiao: um.. i was the tool wearing the red jumper (i.e. the asian one)
i would be N....and i liked your red jumper very maths-tutor-like

SeDaTeD

HSC
Jase was the one in the video talking about E = m c sq... what the... (the 3 was courtesy of me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)