Any one interested in a thread to motivate you? (1 Viewer)

Jazz1989

HSC
Mainly motivation for loosing or maintaining weight but also study? any helpful hits or 'what not to do's' please post and help those of us with limited to no motivation...

Thanks!

Legham

HSC
My motivation tip for losing/maintaining weight: Set a certain daily average you want for an amount of exercise (i.e, 10km of running or 15km of cycling etc), and then keep a log on your computer or a piece of paper and write down how much you do each day. If you miss one day, then you have to do more in the next couple of days to get the average back up! The motivation through the day is to do your exercise, that way you won't have to do HEAPS of exercise the next day.
And also, if you set up your log in a table kind of style and set an amount of days (i set 30 days up), once you've finished the log and its time to write up a new one, you can set yourself new goals. That's important because, unless you've been doing the same or more exercise for a long time before, you're going to get more fit and be able to handle much more exericse.

I started on 7 - 8 km of cycling 3 - 5 days a week on this log thing and now i average 15km EVERY day, and am in better shape than i've ever been.

As for study, i have nothing :p I've been terrible since year 12 started.. need some motivation to :p

grue

HSC
Walk everywhere! That's what my friend does. She lives in Glebe and walks to the city or my place. An hour's worth of exercise. :) Plus when you get to the city you actually walk around some more too. She's been successful.

I have to start getting motivated too before I grow a spare tyre.. The only exercise I get is walking up and down the stairs of my home. :p

BlackDragon

HSC
Exphate said:
Get an ipod, and set up an exercise playlist..
yeah listening to music is good. means you can have fun while doing excercise (if you don't enjoy it already).

Legham

HSC
^Doesn't have to be music either. For example, today i rode my exercise bike for 40ish minutes and watched two episodes from Season 5 of Family Guy :D

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my mum and i stick photos of fat people and motivational messages on the fridge for when we are at home and want to boredom-eat

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You could merely join a club or activity. ie do kickboxing, ballroom dancing etc.

Or get a friend to join with you.

I find that if its going to be linked with social activities, I'll be committed and less likely to get over it.

lengy

HSC
Go clubbing... often. From when it opens to when it shuts don't stop dancing. Remember to keep hydrated.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
grue said:
Walk everywhere! That's what my friend does. She lives in Glebe and walks to the city or my place. An hour's worth of exercise. :) Plus when you get to the city you actually walk around some more too. She's been successful.
I'm not a girl. Yes I do the exact same thing and live in Glebe aswell. Whether it works or not I have no idea.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)