Any other dancers here? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Can anyone recommend some good dance schools in Syd that offer friendly adult dance classes of a basic/intermediate level? I'm so out of shape (not that I was ever that much in shape), I need to get back in to dance.

Callistogenic

HSC
What about ballroom-ists? I did for about a year or so. My specialties were in the Jive and I also did a tiny bit of latin. I must get back into it... If I can find myself a partner.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I also wouldn't be able to find a partner.... I tried Syd Dance Co, it was a bit expensive and a bit of a pain to get to.... plus I kinda felt out of place because everyone else was so slim and good and I was big and not so good....

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Never, ever let that be a reason to stop you from dancing! EVER!! Hehe I always find the really gawky unco dancers are the super don't look like they ever eat dancers...
Ummm...hmmm...I do know of a good dance place in Blacktown, really nice teacher, loves new students, doesn't care if they are the best dancers in the world or have never danced before...also really cheap and I'm pretty sure she does like ballet, tap, jazz...all in the one day so if you want to do them all you just stay longer...
but is that too far away from you?

dancegal

HSC
sydney dance classes are really good but yeh they are hard to get to - it takes ages, especially at night. does ne1 know of anywhere else that has open classes?? uuuhhhhh i really need to do sum before the end of the year. im starting ballet 'properly' again next year and i want to get my advanced 2 (RAD). so, in a way, im kinda dreading the end of the HSC coz it means i will have to stop eating so much and start exercising a lot more....its gonna be so painful !

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
ok try going to www.bloch.com.au and going to the forums...I'd recommend posting in the Aussies section but you could try the ballet section to...just ask people the same thing, about adult dance classes, someone is sure to respond. There were a few threads on it a while ago...but someone should respond telling you, I know there are many adult beginner dancers on that forum...so someone should have some info for you :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, blacktown is a bit far away I think. I've been to dance central www.dancecentral.com.au for 1 class and it was ok, but Surry Hills is a bit dodgy at night I reckon...

Thanks for the advice though.

Kirsti

HSC
wow, I open the thread and immediately recognise 2 people from dance.net (ash and glitterfairy) anymore I missed?

Anyway, I do jazz and tap. Been dancing for 15 years. not looking forward to quitting but know that I can't stretch it out for too much longer. nearly time to enter the real world :O

iamninja

HSC
hey

just wondering.. are there any bboys at your school? and if there are how many?
It feels like noone dances break style anymore...

starrysky

HSC
So ... *whistles* am I the only active Irish dancer on here?

gliiiiiiiiitterfairy ... you might remember me from DDN. Tehe.

bob007

HSC
tommykins,
how long have you been shuffling for =0
i love your spins and arm movements =]

btw i reckon with that song, and the style you currently do you might consider hardstyling. it might suit you =D

sorry im new and if ive broken anything please tell me off

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol, that's not me, thats another dude.

ive been shuffling for 1 year though, haven't gotten around to making a video.

i'm around his level anywho. shufflings getting a tad boring, i'm getting into hardstyling as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)