any other uni's not give marks?? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i go to une and at the end of semester you just get your grade (N, P, C, D, HD) and no mark... i think if you really want it you can find it out but does any other uni do the same? and can anyone think of a reason why they would do this??

in a way it's kinda good, ( i'd rather know i got a c rather than a c and 74, cos then i'd be really annoyed that i was just off etc..) but i guess it works both ways

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Usyd gives marks. But my friend who goes to UNE found it annoying too coz she failed a subject, but she doesnt know by how much, so she doesnt know whether its worth appealing or not. Its a bit slack not to give marks i think.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Mambomeg said:
Usyd gives marks. But my friend who goes to UNE found it annoying too coz she failed a subject, but she doesnt know by how much, so she doesnt know whether its worth appealing or not. Its a bit slack not to give marks i think.
definately appeal - what has she got to loose???

X

xeuyrawp

ballerinabarbie said:
i go to une and at the end of semester you just get your grade (N, P, C, D, HD) and no mark... i think if you really want it you can find it out but does any other uni do the same? and can anyone think of a reason why they would do this??

in a way it's kinda good, ( i'd rather know i got a c rather than a c and 74, cos then i'd be really annoyed that i was just off etc..) but i guess it works both ways
That's a bit annoying. I like to know that I destroyed everybody else, marks-wise.

I suppose it's easier for them calculating bands, but then again, it means that you didn't do better than someone who you beat by 14 marks. Then again, you end up getting your final transcript in terms of bands, not marks, so it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
whoa some unis only gives grades? thats odd. I thought all unis gave mks and grades.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Sarah168 said:
whoa some unis only gives grades? thats odd. I thought all unis gave mks and grades.
they do im pretty sure, but for fails, my uni doesnt tell you howo much u fail by. u gotta look up urself.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i wish we got marks, especially for the exams... so much preparation and in the end, a single letter to determine our success :(

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
if you keep track of your assessment tasks (marks, weightings etc) and make an estimate about how well you did in the exam you should be able to work out 'around-a-bout' the mark you got for the course.

I usually know where I'm sitting in the course before I sit the exam (if there is one)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Newcastle gets marks and grades...unless we fail, then we only see "FF" and no actual mark...although, friends that have failed stuff have found out their marks, so I think they must, like, email the course coordinator or something

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Newcastle gets marks and grades...unless we fail, then we only see "FF" and no actual mark...although, friends that have failed stuff have found out their marks, so I think they must, like, email the course coordinator or something
we see an 'N' if we fail... although i'm told it's not a fail - it means "next year" (ie you have to do the course again the next year.. lol)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
CSU - Just grades, but the School or Nursing will tell you your marks if you really want them (I think) and I don't believe it's school policy rather just the lecturers and tutors doing it anyway.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
uncle (newy)
i got all marks back, and credits 4 all :( at least i passed tho

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have to be honest sometimes it sux to get your mark, i.e. I got 84 in one subject... and i'm sure if i didn't know that it wouldn't have effected me as much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)