Any problems/ conditions of transferring to sydney law school from mac uni law school (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I was considering the option of transferring to sydney law school after studying a year of combined law (arts/ law most likely) at macquarie uni. I just missed out on the atar cut-off by 0.3 points or something so it is unlikely I will get a place at sydney law school.

However I learnt of someone who studied law at macquarie uni for a year because like me she missed out on the atar cutoff. Her application to transfer to sydney uni was successful however sydney uni told her she would have to start all over again from year 1, so she ended up deciding to stay at Macquarie, because honestly who wants to start from first year law all over again when you've studied a year of law at another university. It's frankly a waste of time and I think I bit unfair as most first year laq units are similar across NSW universities. Because everyone has to study foundations of law and torts and contracts etc. and the basics of law anyway.

I'm concerned about her troubling story and was wondering of anyone who was successful in transferring to sydney law school and had already started law at another institution for one year and was able to transfer the credits of that first year of law to start second year law at Sydney Uni the next year.
If so, do you know if there are issues that might arise or conditions imposed by sydney uni such as asking you to repeat particular first year subjects because they don't believe it was covered sufficiently at the previous institution you were at.
I just found this troubling as I know of a student who studied at UTS law first year and successfully transferred to sydney uni the second year without much problems and was wondering how problems like this could have arised where sydney uni makes you start from year 1 when you've already done a year of law at another institution. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)