• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any Radiohead fans here? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by Mcdickpants
you seem like a pretty hardcore fan, but i wonder, are you as hardcore a fan as i?

i challenge you to a duel, a radiohead duel of sorts to see which is the hardcore-er fan.
i am waiting :p
Yeah I'm pretty hardcore.... not as much as I used to be... but still obsessed.

I've got all there albums, a poster, meeting people is easy on VHS, all their b-sides on two CDS, IMBW live ep and a biographical book.

Oh and I bought the book "No Logo" in part cos they promoted it... *sigh*, its still a bloody good book though...

And I checked out a group called "Autechre" which is an influence for Kid A and Amnesiac they recommended.... They're now one of my favourite groups...

HSC

oh did i also mention that i grew my hair to get that authentic Jonny Greenwood look?, and also that i bought an army surplus jacket which i wear nearly all the time?
LOL! :D :D
Thats awesome..... my hair is shite, and it refuses to grow properly so I can only have it short.... :/ well, maybe I could shave it and look like the drummer :eek:

Oh, I forgot to ad I have the Radiohead "shrug" blue T-shirt... which I wear all the time as well... it set me back $55 though....

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
hahah you're comparing radiohead merchandise

i hope you realise the irony

radiohead are a fucking contradiction in themselves but

yeahyeahyeahs

thom yorke and pj harvey- "this mess we're in" has gotta be one of the best collaborations of all time! so much fuckin depth in a song its overwhelming.

HSC
Originally posted by um..

meh...
Just cos we're fans doesn't mean we follow all the bands political ideologies....

and yes they are a contradication in themselves, but who isn't...

Raging Fuel

Originally posted by um..

How so?

HSC
Well this deserves a bump, cos I just got the There There single!

Good fucking stuff. There There is a great fucking single... sounds a bit like the Bends and OK Computer put together... mixed with some new sounds...

I love the chorus bit "Just cos you feel it... Doesn't mean its there...".

The two b-sides that came with it were great as well... similar to Kid A and Amnesiac stuff, which is good, cos I thought they would abandon that electronic stuff... which would suck.

Raging Fuel

The single is out here? This will probably be the first single I have bought in about 5 years. What are the names of the B-sides on the single?

HSC
Paperbag writer
Where bluebirds fly (this is the same as the intro from the live version of there there)
and out of the two, Paperbag Writer is better... Bluebirds is pretty good, but the ambient and vocals don't mesh well with the beats and stuff....

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i havent even listened to the new album yet. my brother has it, but i've been listening to heaps of other shit instead.

like bluebottle kiss. one of the best bands in aus.

oh and everyone should support vote for purplene in the hottest 100 on the jjj website.

check em out at www.purplene.com
the new film clip is sick

Fake_Plastic

Hi everyone! Another Radiohead fan here.... I'm listening to the new album right now...! Its....WOW. Yeah, thats about it.
Who likes the band Muse?

HSC
Originally posted by yeahyeahyeahs
ahh i c. No fair! I would too but 56k + d/l limit spoils it all :(
What sorta plan you got... it doesn't cost much for unlimited download and hours... I only pay $25 p/month... and theres plans as low as $10 for the same...

Anyways the point is I've downloaded the album with my crappy 56K... problem is I can't bring myself to listen to it....:eek:

HSC
Originally posted by Fake_Plastic
Hi everyone! Another Radiohead fan here.... I'm listening to the new album right now...! Its....WOW. Yeah, thats about it.
Who likes the band Muse?
I like 'em...

Their album Origin of Symmetry is like Paranoid Android on steroids for 50 minutes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)