Any skaters? (1 Viewer)

amyg238

HSC
I'm finally moving to the next step of chucking out my $20 beginner Kmart skateboard to buying proper board.

Is it better to buy a full skateboard or should I buy the parts separately and assemble myself? Which one is cheaper/better?

And how much is a skateboard when it is classified as a rip-off? At the skateshops I see skate boards ranging from $50-$250...

Also, are there different skateboards for different uses? Like, is there a specific board for doing tricks at the skatepark or just skating on the street?

Er, please help.

360flip

HSC
N/A
woot!

um well just buy a blank or shop board which cost around $50-70 than those companies that sell at 130ish it doesnt make a different because the wood is the same and the graphics gets worn out! trucks would cost 40-50ish each (you only need two) ask the people at your local skateshop (psc, sds etc) just buy blank wheels and some cheap bearing and you're good to go!

it may seem costly unless you have the $$$ to buy quality good but since your buying your first real board it doesnt really matter! for board size it's different for everyone considering their feet size and the type of terrian they ride! an ideal "street" skater would ride decks of 7.5 7.75 7.82 inches while those who ride vert and tranny ride bigger boards of 8 and 8.25 inches!

im not sure if this will make sense to you but if in doubt just go over to the skateshop and ask around!

thats ncie to see you starting up skating! where about do you live and skate at?! i skate at parramatta, five dock, bondi, maroubra and olympic park!

amyg238

HSC
hey, thanks

i live right near maroubra so i've been skating around the carpark there with some friends at night. i sometimes just sit in the bondi skatepark and just watch for a few hours...maybe i've watched you before haha.

i almost mastered ollying the other night which is awesome :)

its so bad though, i'm meant to be studying for exams next week, but i keep getting distracted thinking about skating! i'm always itching to practise more haha.

i like it because you dont have to think about anything else when you're skating, you leave everything else behind. meh, i find it relaxing.

360flip

HSC
N/A
i was at bondi all day today! wearing a red beanie! were you there?!

metal moses

HSC
yo get into the skatin lol

iv been skating for like 8 yrs and fuckin love it.... i find it helps me relax and i find it satisfying.... wish there was more skaters in the shit hole where i live :(

smit0372

HSC
I love skating, although yes it is an expensive sport (my board ova 300) and yes, at least once a year i get a new deck (blank one's for me), and can be dangerous, its still great. Although the only annoying thing is when you are lined up for a trick, ollie over a bar or a grind or something cool looking and a stupid little kid falls of and u run into his/ her board, chipping the front of yours. I never get up them or anything, and they have as much right as me to be there but they should be a little more careful.

Dog from Oz

HSC
^ 300 for a board?!?! I just picked up a deck for 50 and I'm not complaining.

Yeah, skating's been quickly consuming my life since I started. Now I spend all my money on skate movies and gear. Been at it for a bit over 3 years. Got the basics down and working on the rest. I just got Tre flips and tail slides, but I like trany better.

Anyone on skaterscafe.com?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)