Any success stories for people with low uni marks? (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel as if one bad sem can ruin a degree :/ If that's so, what then...?
I'm not dropping out, etc. I'm seeing it through to the end.. Just needing some hope at the moment. So depressed! (probably something many students go through)

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
I failed physics 1A in first semester but its not the end of the world. I just took it again this semester and I am doing really well

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Having the perspective that 'one bad semester will probably ruin a degree' is perhaps a bit too overdramatic. A degree usually is a minimum of 3 years, which means usually 6 semesters, how could doing bad in 1/6 semester ruin the rest of your degree when you have the chance to prove yourself in 5/6 of your degree if you choose to. At the end of the day, it is all about perspective, change your perspective, and you can change your belief whether this one bad semester can really ruin you or not. As a general rule, if you think it can, it probably will, it you think it can't, it probably won't. Keep things in perspective, and I think the best beneficial thing you can do is to really assess what went wrong in the past semester so you can avoid making the same mistakes again.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure about your particular degree, but my WAM was only calculated for Year 2-4. None of Year 1 was counted.

Have a good read of the uni handbook for your faculty to see the fine print for your degree.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel as if one bad sem can ruin a degree :/ If that's so, what then...?
I'm not dropping out, etc. I'm seeing it through to the end.. Just needing some hope at the moment. So depressed! (probably something many students go through)
There's nothing you can do besides inprove next semester. Just take this as motivation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)