any thoughs would be mad (1 Viewer)

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
long story short.....
should i or should i not goto uni this year

i got the uai i wanted
i have been offered the course i wanted (B Arts / B education @ newcastle)
i have a place to stay 10 mins from the uni, for a reasonable price with a mate of mine

BUT

i would be coming from a school of total 800 students to a uni ive never seen before and i rekon i would struggle with money.

bottom line is, i will miss my mates and girlfriend, mostly family, but i think it would be good to get straight into uni after school so im not forced to learn how to study again.

any suggestions? please no smart arse remarks.
cheers

Towelie

HSC
Towelie says take a year off and get hiiiigh

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
eh, uni is meant to be a new experience, that's part of what makes it fun. as for money, by struggle how much do you mean exactly? student life when you're living away from home isn't exactly luxurious, you're probably going to eat a lot of mi goreng lol (not that that's bad, love the stuff)...but if you've got two brain cells to rub together you'll be okay, just keep track of how mch money you have and what you need to spend it on. don't let family/girlfriend considerations hold you back, you'll miss them but it's not like you can't visit them. and after like a week you'll probably be having enough fun not to care that much about it.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
It's kinda like a stage of life you have to move into.
so sooner the better?

Evilo

HSC
azz369963 said:
bottom line is, i will miss my mates and girlfriend, mostly family, but i think it would be good to get straight into uni after school so im not forced to learn how to study again.
You will stay in contact with your good friends anyway. Re: girlfriend - plenty of fish in the sea or long distance relationship.

Don't let your friends hold you back from progressing in your life. Get over home-sickness and use your uai to your advantage :) Trust me you'll be better off in the long run.

As per money (which is a bigger issue) - govt can support you in different ways, otherwise take a loan from the olds.

Seriously - go for it dude, uni is an experience of a lifetime some people never get to experience.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Don't forget that you get epicly long holidays at uni to visit your friends and family.

~untitled~

HSC
Im in a kindve similar situation to you.
Im from a rural area and went to a school with about 800 kids and am moving to Newcastle for uni this year. None of my friends are going to be there and ive never seen the uni before. I know i will probably struggle for money, but so does every other uni student that doesent have rich parents. But im excited, itll be nice to have a change of setting, and although i will miss friends and family, its not like im never going to see them again!

Evilo

HSC
Keep in mind guys that [for the most part] all the other students will be in a similar position to you - trying to make new friends too.

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
yeah i think i could manage stuff between uni and friends famliy and girlfriend. just the whole idea of independance, moeny and a place ive never seen before scares me slightly. cheers for the help. keep it coming.

kinda doesnt help that i need ot tell the people i would be living with by the end of this week, and until sunday night i was 100% sure i wanted a year off.

HSC
a friend of mine was in the same situation. she decided that it'd be better to start her degree now, rather than work for a year and get put of the education state of mind, and i totally agree with her.

if you take time off now then chances are you probly wont want to go back to schooling next year. i was a little hesitant about leaving all my friends too, but then just said they'll be progressing their lives also, and they're leaving town, so i may as well to. and i hate living here. its shit.

do uni.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah just take the plunge, if you put off uni for too long you won't ever end up going. a few of my friends packed up and went interstate, some went to bathurst, some joined the defence forces, etc...all pretty scary stuff if you've never done it i reckon but they're all managing.

me? i'm still at home for the simple reason that i can't really afford to move yet. i'm itching to get out of here though, woo independence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)