any UNSW arts students? (1 Viewer)

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
what are you studying? hows the workload?

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i'm doing arts (media and communications)......so my subjects are:
media and communications
english
sociology
linguistics

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
I believe it (workload) depends on your subjects.. and if you're combining with another degree.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Doing Arts/Education.

Piss easy.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
if im not combining my degree, what do you think are the hardest/easiest subjects?

im guessing the languages and histories require a shitload of reading and are quite time consuming? any ideas?

B-Ma

HSC
intro to social work is realllly easy. only 2 assignments which are easy peasy japeneasy

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
The only really hard subjects that I know of are the languages. Im majoring in History and English and they arent hard.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
languages are the worst. sociology involves a lot of writing and 'reflective' writing which can be time consuming.

ohne

HSC
I'd say languages are probably the hardest, I think subjects like politics and socilology are fairly easy. Some languages are harder than others though, I don't think German is as hard as Chinese. :uhhuh:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
doing ba/bed... only doing 3 subjects, so 13hrs... love ed psych and japanese!

french sucked, the tutor was nice, just his method of teaching was crap... i've heard this is the same for italian and spanish :\

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
introduction to globalisation is another ridiculous subject. and chinese is soooooooooo damn time consuming with tooooooo many assessments. 4% assessments are just so tedious.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
i do introduction to globalisation too!! well did!
languages take a shitload of time!! understanding particles and how to use them perfectly
u think 4% is tedious?
try spending 5 hrs for a report thats 20+ pages, worth 2.5%

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
you only spent 5 hours doing a 20+ page report?... was it one word per page???
lol, maybe you are superman in disguise and can actually write 500 words per page for 20 pages in 5 hours. wow, 2000 words per hour. hoooolly sschhhmooooley i wanna be like you.

staree

HSC
N/A
i am also doing ba/bed majoring in history and english......
i've finished my history major and one english away from finishing my english major...... i've also done philosophy, sociology, psychology (was two subjects away from finishing my psychology as a major :vcross: ) and one computing subject. I find the education subjects the easiest. But at the end of the day, I think it's what you enjoy the most which you will find the easiest. I did Australia Since World War II and had 0% interest in it but then when I did Researching & Writing History (a pre-honours course) I was really interested in it and did heaps better than what i did in the other one, yet the workload was more demanding in the pre honours one.

Some English ones are easier than others. eg. Jane Austen easier than 20th Century Australian Literature.

Philosophy is pretty much all essays and tests your skills of BSing... but the tutors and tutorials are really fun....... my tutor for Phiosophy insisted us on bringing alcohol in our last tute and true to her word, she shared her vodka around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)