any1 been on studnet exchange? (2 Viewers)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i would love to go on student exchange, and i think you can only go once you're in second year,

so i was wonering if anyone here had been on exchange, and could tell ppl how it was to be on exchange.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i hope to do app fin and commerce from mq.

do you have to go on a study exchange can't it be for just learning bout culture and stuff?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i went to america for 18months, and france for two months in high school. I too would love to go on exchange at uni but its way too expensive, its like $11,000 minimum for a semester. ha, i'd have to work full time to be able to afford to go!

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
wow that's amazing! must have been just a great experience,
yeah i guess it would be pretty expensive to go in uni huh?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i went to san diego, it was a good time, nice place, good school, nice area, like safe and all.
a 2 month ski trip? man, that wouldve cost a fortune! musta been cool though.
u know whats stupid is that sydney uni offers scholarships for exchange but they are only like $2000, not nearlt enought

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
My sister went to Toronto for 12 months when she was at Uni - she loved it. Met her husband there ;) But yeah, I'd love to go on exchange to Canada, or Ireland.

@lbert3269

So how does this exchange program work ? You swap students from different unis (where they must be studying the same course as yourself) and you live at their place and they live at yours for a set period of time ? I think i'm wrong so can someone clarify what this Student Exchange Program is ?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Well u dont live at their place, but the respective institutions take care of the tuition fees....so you still have to worry about food and accomodation and whatnot if youre going to live in that country for over a semsester...thats for USyd at least, dunno if other universities will sponsor you for longer periods of time though....

As for myself, I'd really love to visit China or America to study.

cakes

hi
HSC
i would looooooooooove to go to san diego (yeah to um study)!! it's my favourite city in the entire world!! or vancouver! i've never been there but it looks so beautiful

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im hoping to do a semester of law at Yale sometime in either second or third year. Im just gunna bug em till they say yes! I'll also try and blitz everything so I have a reason for them to take me....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by choco
i would love to go on student exchange, and i think you can only go once you're in second year,

so i was wonering if anyone here had been on exchange, and could tell ppl how it was to be on exchange.
have you read "Courtenay"'s posts in the uni forum, she is on it now, sounds exciting

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
lol yale thers like no way any Aust uni will let you go on exchange to an Ivy league Institution. I think HECS pays for your tuition while youre there as its just merely doing similar courses overseas but you do have to think about how you will get there, live and come back.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
lol yale thers like no way any Aust uni will let you go on exchange to an Ivy league Institution. I think HECS pays for your tuition while youre there as its just merely doing similar courses overseas but you do have to think about how you will get there, live and come back.
What exactly are the Ivy League Institutions? I have always wanted to know. I think it is the top four Universities in America, isn't it:confused:?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i went to america for 18months, and france for two months in high school. I too would love to go on exchange at uni but its way too expensive, its like $11,000 minimum for a semester. ha, i'd have to work full time to be able to afford to go!
yeha, that'll prolly b why i can't go on an exchange program- i.e the costs!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ivy League Schools: Harvard, Yale, Penn State, Princeton, Syrcacuse, Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell

I think theres a couple of others but I can't think of em right now.

Im not looking to go on a an exchange per se, just do a semester over there (paying for everything yourself). But the chances of Yale (and in particular the Law school) saying yes to a gal from the gong are 1 in like 500 million, but a girl can dream!

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Ivy League Schools: Harvard, Yale, Penn State, Princeton, Syrcacuse, Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell

I think theres a couple of others but I can't think of em right now.
I didn't think PSU was an ivy league school... UPenn isnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)