any1 MAJORING in mathematics? (1 Viewer)

shannonm

HSC
N/A
stamos said:
yeah i'm not an idiot but some of the higher maths subjects do my head in

also the course is pretty much full of complete spastics

I got to agree with you here. I combined my engineering degree with science back in 2005, with the intention of majoring in maths.
Did a 'higher' level course and found the other students VERY dull/boring (but very mathematically intelligent judging from their marks).
Basically they upheld the maths 'nerd' student stereotype very well.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Agreed ^^ I dont get along with many of the maths majors. I dont find what they laugh about funny. Their conversations are boring, more often than not its typically about some sort of extracurricular math (which is ok in moderation, but not all the time). Theres a few in 3rd year that are extremely annoying and randomly yell out things in lectures about the work the lecturer is covering. Theres always at least one person who makes it known that they already know what the subject covers and try to correct lecturers or just sit there making it obvious they're bored.

I could go on all day :p

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Agreed ^^ I dont get along with many of the maths majors. I dont find what they laugh about funny. Their conversations are boring, more often than not its typically about some sort of extracurricular math (which is ok in moderation, but not all the time). Theres a few in 3rd year that are extremely annoying and randomly yell out things in lectures about the work the lecturer is covering. Theres always at least one person who makes it known that they already know what the subject covers and try to correct lecturers or just sit there making it obvious they're bored.

I could go on all day :p
What's ironic (and true) is that they look bored/sleepy because they've been trying to learn all the maths on their own the night before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)