• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anybody going to the open day? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
bboy_insane said:
Haha I know Albies go out quite a bit, but there's no way you can beat Austin, everyone i know calls Austin the party college. But then again I guess the only way to make Albies look good is by hassling Austin.
oi there's nothin wrong with albies... and i never said there was anything wrong with austin - i just said i don't think you guys are the biggest party colleges... and i guess we all go out on different nights - austiners are more the type to be at the stro on a wednesday

Danoz The Great

HSC
A lot of the lecturers I talked to on the open day said that Austin was a fair bit stricter than the other colleges.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
dani_danoz said:
A lot of the lecturers I talked to on the open day said that Austin was a fair bit stricter than the other colleges.
in terms of what though??

cos albies are pretty strict on academic stuff - you get a warning if u get a GPA of less than 1 and if u get that more than 3 times i don't think they let you come back... that's probably why our academic record is pretty good

jesscookie

HSC
i wasnt able to make it up for the open day, coz im at boarding skool in Yanco.... but i put Austin, Robb and Duval (in that order) for my preferences. i hope it will be easier for me, coz ive been boarding, and im used to living in a cell and being fed deep fried shit at mealtimes :)

jesscookie

HSC
is it hard to get a job in the bar? I have my RSA, but wont be 18 til may next yr :'( i read that if u get a job there it can give you a reduction on your fees..?

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
No way, from what I hear of the other colleges Austin is way more laidback with everything.

I thought you had to be 18 to get your RSA?? I doubt anywhere would let you serve alcohol until you're 18.

jesscookie

HSC
nah, you can get your RSA before you are 18, but you cant use it til you do turn 18. I found that it was just easier to do it this year, cheaper too, coz the school used it. I know that i cant get a job serving alcohol, coz its against the law, but i wont be 17 for that long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)