anybody regretting design and tech?! (1 Viewer)

Rachel_M

Rachel_M
HSC
i'm regretting it completely! one of the dumbest things i did!
i wanted to make a textile project, and i don't understand why i didn't just choose textiles....their portfolio is a maximum of 15 pages, they're not allowed to go over that!
It's the in-depth portfolio thats killing me with this
plus i haven't finished my practical yet
my teacher wants to see 90% of it tomorrow morning and i've barely done 40%.....i'm freaking out and i seriously dont think i can get this done....well at least get it done well

anyone else in the same boat so i wont feel like such a failure? :rolleyes:

mossup said:
i simply can't possibly wait till this is all over...
i know! just thinking about how i will feel the moment i hand it in sends me on a high......it will be night for celebration...even though its a monday lol

Last edited:

The_Shaman

HSC
yea i dont mind the subject, but why the hell didnt i do industrial?! its the folio, its a killer along with the fact my art due on the same day, booyah!!

a11y50n

HSC
I agree totally. This subject is so annoying and it is completely different from wot we did in year 11. I absolutely hate it..
Allyson.

Invalid-User

HSC
ha yeah im feeling regret as i have wanted to change my mdp the whole way though. i hate it its so boring and not fun. my teacher doesnt care what we do so i usually just enjoy the sunshine outside for the lessons..... now that it is due in 2 days im freaking out and everything seems to be going wrong at the last minute!! i hate this shit!! im still getting alright marks but omg, im hating it so much right now.
you know how your teachers say you will end up hating it through the year.. i have never liked it. no matter how hard i try its not the job i wanted to do, damn those teachers that talk you out of your original ideas........ :(

pear head

HSC
The_Shaman said:
yea i dont mind the subject, but why the hell didnt i do industrial?! its the folio, its a killer along with the fact my art due on the same day, booyah!!

OMG !! same here...i do visual arts too and that sux too !!! cos i hate my teacher so bad...my teacher bloody hides from me when i need her help...when she sees me approaching her she tells me to pretend shes not there!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr

pear head

HSC
Invalid-User said:
ha yeah im feeling regret as i have wanted to change my mdp the whole way though. i hate it its so boring and not fun. my teacher doesnt care what we do so i usually just enjoy the sunshine outside for the lessons..... now that it is due in 2 days im freaking out and everything seems to be going wrong at the last minute!! i hate this shit!! im still getting alright marks but omg, im hating it so much right now.
you know how your teachers say you will end up hating it through the year.. i have never liked it. no matter how hard i try its not the job i wanted to do, damn those teachers that talk you out of your original ideas........ :(

i know aye....well i guess this is the subject i wont mind failing big time oh well...but my biggest lesson is not to do things at the last minute..hehehe i wont feel bad for my self but more so for the ONE student who's trying really hard and i dun wna bring shame to my teacher and other teachers too....but i dun care anymore..GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!

niteshade1312

HSC
pear head said:
i know aye....well i guess this is the subject i wont mind failing big time oh well...but my biggest lesson is not to do things at the last minute..hehehe i wont feel bad for my self but more so for the ONE student who's trying really hard and i dun wna bring shame to my teacher and other teachers too....but i dun care anymore..GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!

What a disappointing approach... anyhow good luck!

alzeari

Alzeari!!!
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
I think that is the worse way to look at teh subject. WHY THE HELL would you do something that the markers have seen? Why wouldn't you try to be inventive and interesting?! The whole reason I am doing DT is because I wanted to design something that hasn't been thought of or seen before, whats teh fun in doing something that already exists.. That's not the point of designing or DT?!

im with u on this one nightshade, theres no point wasting ur time if ur not even gunna put any effort into ur projects, or thinking up a project! c'mon guys, a little individuality or a good NEED will get you a long way. you dont even need to have both to be successful!

sexy_italian

Along the Rainbow and under the stars where the fa
HSC
that is so silly dt is not a bludge where u can just do a crappy attempt at a project you obviously dont really care about what you want to do at school since you dont really care if you get an average mark. i mean if you dont care that much about school y are you still there? if your parents made you thats understandable but why waste money on school or even just waste money on your project you could have picked a subject more suited for you or dropped it all together

niteshade1312

HSC
sexy_italian said:
that is so silly dt is not a bludge where u can just do a crappy attempt at a project you obviously dont really care about what you want to do at school since you dont really care if you get an average mark. i mean if you dont care that much about school y are you still there? if your parents made you thats understandable but why waste money on school or even just waste money on your project you could have picked a subject more suited for you or dropped it all together
Sexy italian.. why are you ranting about something that it not even remotely close to the name of the thread and secondly, you answer EVERY single thread.. you must really be bored!

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
hey people, if you absolutely hate the subject then of course you are gona not do as well as you would if you loved DT. come one ppl use your brains.

if you work hard, you will do well. it worked for me and as a generalisation works to a degree for every other subject.

roryb

HSC
i dont hate dt but it was not exactly what i expected its realy stressfull both the project realilisation and the folilo but if it was easy you wouldnt learn anything.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
At my school for the last 2 years all the students got band 6's for D&T so its really possible to get a good mark

niteshade1312

HSC
One year later, and I still think DT was one of the most worthwhile subject ever. I learnt heaps more about organisation and management, plus most of the friends I made during DT, I still are constantly speaking to.

GoodLuck anyone who is still doing DT. Enjoy it! I mis it all the time!

grosjean3

HSC
everyone in my class is doin a wood-based project. that means we need supervision if we want 2 use the more dangerous powertools. but if ur f***ing teacher only shows up 60% of the time then there's no hope in finishing. so my answer to ur question, yes i regret dt

Devric

HSC
fuk yeah man!! i do regret dis subject!!!! so many stuff to do, and i still didnt even done half of my MDP even i already did 150 A3 pages and is due in 5weeks.... god!!! but still its a good subject, i like it

rise

HSC
:burn: mmmmm d+t yyeeaahh lets do that, i thought this would b a good subject but NO!!!!!! the most boring, stupid, unco, df subject ever, i wish i was doin 4 unit english, math or even history, maybe even 2 unit religion.

Breakthrough

Light the Way
HSC
rise said:
i wish i was doin 4 unit english, math or even history, maybe even 2 unit religion.
You have no idea what you are saying!!!

I accelerated D&T last year. Now I'm doing 4unit English and its really hard!!! Mainly due to the lack of guidelines, direction and having to be sophisticated (I hate that word).

I loved D&T when I look back, sure it was stressful and alot of work during the time. But that's just it. Alot of work and time. Unlike EEX2 where you have no clue what you are doing and competing with the English elite, it requires alot of brain power to create a sophisticated Major Work.

D&T is a great rewarding subject but you usually only realise that fact after its all over. So ... hang in there guys and girls, only a few more weeks.

rise

HSC
Breakthrough said:
You have no idea what you are saying!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!! FFS i have a perfect idea wat i'm saying, DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY IS SHIT!!!!!!!!, i'm glad that i made the choice to do 4unit english, after wishing that i did last week, and so far it is the easiest subject that i have encountered.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)