Anyone did two or more major works? (1 Viewer)

hakunamatata

HSC
I'm doing Design and Technology and Visual Art together.
They both have major works and I'm doing pretty big ones for both of them.
(A series of artworks and a furniture)
I was confident when I chose those subjects but now I'm kinda losing that confidence.
Not sure if I can manage them both.
Anyways I can't drop them now so I'll have to do my best!
So I just want to hear some tips or experiences from you guys
who have done/ are going to do two or more major works.

AllTogether

HSC
I know a few people who did both D&T and art majors including my sister (she got band 6's in both). The main thing I think is if you're passionate and are constantly working on them. For D&T make sure your portfolio is kept up to date. Don't leave anything to the last week. You want to be doing the finishing touches and don't want the stress during trials of majors. Most people I know tend to get one major finished a few weeks before the other, so it only leaves one to work on until the last minute.

Use all your in class lessons that you're given to work on your majors. This time is valuable and is already timetabled.

Keep in mind the art and D&T the majors that get into art express or designtech aren't always the majors that get full marks (like my sisters) but often the majors that are totally different but still of a high mark.

buriza

conviction
HSC
I did two major works, being English Extension 2 and History Extension and it's fair enough to say that I wouldn't have wanted to do another one. :haha: I think the most important thing is knowing how to manage your time though. You need to actively set aside time during the week for your major works so you keep up with them and don't fall behind. Major works are all about consistent progress and as long as you do that, you should be fine.

As the person above me said, you will have to especially make sure you don't fall behind when it comes to the diary and portfolio for both subjects, since that is the foundation behind your practical work. I know some students from Visual Arts in particular had hard times during the year so just remember to keep yourself motivated and remind yourself that you'll be quite proud after all this is done. :)

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
Yep, as you can tell by my sig, I did English Extension 2 and Drama in the same year. You should make sure you plan out your time and that you stick to your deadlines. Work steadily throughout the year to avoid the stress. (loljk there's always a lot of stress around submission time)
But it definitely is manageable. Working on these is just like doing homework, except you can choose to work more on these when you are feeling more inspired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)