Anyone do the hsc for some subjects this year? + how did you (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah... i didnt do any subjects this year, but i did ipt last year and got 89
which isnt too bad.. but pisses me off.. :mad1:

but yeh.. how did everyone else go in accelerated subjects?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:O pisses you off? How so?

*sigh*, It shouldn't 89 is nothing to be 'pissed off' about and is an excellent achievement.

I did excelerated IPT in 2005. :p

G

gaoOO

pritnep said:
:O pisses you off? How so?

*sigh*, It shouldn't 89 is nothing to be 'pissed off' about and is an excellent achievement.

I did excelerated IPT in 2005. :p
lol, ipt seems to be a popular accelerated subject :p i did mine this year- 98.

IceOnFire

HSC
gaoOO said:
i did mine this year- 98.
Wow! Excellent mark gaoOO!!

Damn.. I wish I will be getting marks like that in HSC next year.

pritnep said:
Of course 89 is an excellent mark. But you would be slightly annoyed that its only 1 mark off a band 6.
In the back of your mind you always wonder what ifs...

ballin

Banned
HSC
yep i did IPT in Year 10.. so i guess thats last year. i found it bloody easy! learn the textbook and you're guaranteed 90++. i got 95 for it. that was 2nd in our school (top was 97 and that was 9th in the state). Does anyone know how IPT will be contribute to my UAI this year? like how will i be ranked in relation to next year's candidates?

G

gaoOO

ballin said:
yep i did IPT in Year 10.. so i guess thats last year. i found it bloody easy! learn the textbook and you're guaranteed 90++. i got 95 for it. that was 2nd in our school (top was 97 and that was 9th in the state). Does anyone know how IPT will be contribute to my UAI this year? like how will i be ranked in relation to next year's candidates?
you'll be scaled according to the year cohort you did it with. So i don't know what my mark will scale to. Yours you could probably find out.

ballin

Banned
HSC
wouldnt it just stay as 95? because that was my final hsc mark

G

gaoOO

ballin said:
wouldnt it just stay as 95? because that was my final hsc mark
i mean for uai scaling. THe UAC scales the marks differently each year. I think mine could vary anywhere between 90 and 94

ballin

Banned
HSC
shittt 98 for ipt :D you're a beast gaoOO.

so how do you think i will get scaled? i think you're underestimating yourself... how can a mark of 98 warrant a scaled mark of 90-94??

G

gaoOO

ballin said:
shittt 98 for ipt :D you're a beast gaoOO.

so how do you think i will get scaled? i think you're underestimating yourself... how can a mark of 98 warrant a scaled mark of 90-94??
By last year's scaling it looks like a 92.4... so anywhere around that range, most likely. Maybe lower because the exam was easier this year.

ballin

Banned
HSC
lol thats gayyyyy! by last year's scaling (the year i did the subject) i would get 43.7. thats not cool

G

gaoOO

ballin said:
lol thats gayyyyy! by last year's scaling (the year i did the subject) i would get 43.7. thats not cool
i know! now if only IPT scaled like maths ext 2... we'd both be extremely happy people :p

tillytilly

HSC
Yeah, I did accelerated Advanced and Ext 1 English this year. I got 88 and 44, I was devestated cos they were so close to 90s and just not quite there. Then I found out my school got scaled down in English, which kind of made it even worse but was comforting in a way. Yeah.

G

gaoOO

tillytilly said:
Yeah, I did accelerated Advanced and Ext 1 English this year. I got 88 and 44, I was devestated cos they were so close to 90s and just not quite there. Then I found out my school got scaled down in English, which kind of made it even worse but was comforting in a way. Yeah.
aw... you missed band 6 by such a small amount. But english was marked hard this year, so it was really hard to get band 6 anyway.

tillytilly

HSC
Yeeaah. There were only 4 Band 6's here in Advanced this year .. last year there were something like 16. I know people whose school based mark was 96 and they went down to 90 for the actual exam. Kinda sucks, but ah well, it's done now.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Wow! Excellent mark gaoOO!!

Damn.. I wish I will be getting marks like that in HSC next year.

Of course 89 is an excellent mark. But you would be slightly annoyed that its only 1 mark off a band 6.
In the back of your mind you always wonder what ifs...
Oh I can understand it happened to me being a mark or 2 off the next band but people have to also understand and be considerate to others that haven't done so well as it can be very frustrating reading something like that. But then I also know people need certain marks to get the UAI etc that they need so it all depends on the person and the situation.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Year 10, 2 unit maths - 96/100
Year 11, extension 1 maths - 48/50, going to become 96/100 because I'm doing extension 2 maths this year.

Yeah, I'm extremely happy with those marks :D But I wish I had the capability to get 88s and 44s for english and extension english, I really do :uhhuh:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
gaoOO said:
lol, ipt seems to be a popular accelerated subject :p
I wish my school allows acceleration - wish I did IPT in year 10 or something >.<

Btw, congrats :D

G

gaoOO

airie said:
I wish my school allows acceleration - wish I did IPT in year 10 or something >.<
you might be better off having not done it this year. The paper this year was badly written, so hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and next years will be a lot better :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
gaoOO said:
you might be better off having not done it this year. The paper this year was badly written, so hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and next years will be a lot better :)
I meant doing the HSC in year 10, not the prelim course :p Just to get some units out of the way early enough...

Oh well. Let's hope that next year's paper would be a lot better :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)